“Handy location, affordable, retro LA beach hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Seaview Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Santa Monica
Seaview Hotel
Ranked #24 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
Wollongong, Australia
“Handy location, affordable, retro LA beach hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

Stayed here back in August 2012 for a week. It was one of the cheaper hotels in Santa Monica that had good reviews and was in a great location. You're literally a 2 minute walk to the beach and 5 minutes to the mall. Nestled in amongst beachside units, it's a safe hotel with a 1950's LA feel to it. Basic yet modern, refurbished room, it has the shower facilities, sink, fridge and tv you need. Would be luxury to have air con, but even when staying right in summer, you barely notice the heat! The hotel manager is super helpful, happy to give us suggestions on where to go and what to do. One of the more enjoyable hotels of our LA/Vegas/OC/San Fran trip.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the main road - it can get quite noisy! Also ground floor rooms don't ha...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

We stayed here in late March after being at Disneyland. This was the more relaxed portion of our vacation, Santa Monica Beach was great. The motel is older, and has been renovated. The room was clean, but spare. Location is good, a four block walk to pedestrian friendly outdoor shopping. More important, a very short walk to the beach. If you are looking for luxury, go to Loew's. If you are looking for good value, and will be spending most of your time sightseeing, the Seaview is a good option.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank dlr_10
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights in April. Location is great, walking distance to Pier and 3rd street. Free wifii, free parking. Price is very reasonable, rooms are spacy and clean. Lovely garden. We stayed in room 14 which was close to the road. Only problem is the car noise you hear while trying to sleep, otherwise a 5 star, perfect budget place! They can get over this problem if they changed the window system maybe and get those two sided new ones that block the noise. My advice is to call the reception and ask for a room facing the beach side. That is what I would do if I went back. Overall, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OzgurRosti
Dublin, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

Stayed here for one night during quick road trip from Oakland. Love the Retro feel of this hotel. We got a free upgrade when we checked in, and we were very pleased with the room. It was clean and the bed was super comfortable. Will stay here again next time in town.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Teresa M
Whistler, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

I stayed here with 4 friends they were very accomodating to the group in one room, very clean, nice deco for a place, bathroom was on the small side but had the added bonus of a kitchenette. nice roof top terrace, free parking and great loaction to santa monica pier. would stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank STEPHANIE C
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

I was so excited to book a stay at this hotel for a big upcoming trip after seeing dozens out of my price range. Unfortunately this hotel is all smoke & mirrors! After researching (on THEIR website) the room rates and availability for my stay, I decided to go ahead and lock in the low rate. After trying several times, unsuccessfully, to reserve a room online, I noticed they give a phone number to call for reservations. OH HOW I WISH I COULD'VE BOOKED ONLINE! The person that answered the phone acted completely disturbed to be answering the phone and kept cutting me off in broken English to tell me to go "reserve online". I tried to explain (in English) that the website wasn't allowing me to do so. She huffily told me they had no rooms available anyway and got off the phone. I, for one, am glad I saved my hard earned money to spend it where it's appreciated. Sooo disappointed....

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tashia E

Travelers are raving about these Santa Monica hotels

Wurtulla, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Me and my friend had to find a place to stay one night prior to a 2 week tour we had already orgainised. We wern't looking for anything special, just a cheap place close to central Santa Monica. Seaview ticked all the boxes. We arrived early from our international flight to find our room wasn't ready, which we predicted. They said we could leave our luggage there while we filled in a few ours around town. The lady at the front desk wasn't very professional, but for a small cheap hotel you can't hope for much. When we returned they asked if we wanted a room upstairs or downstairs - because of our luggage. We said down but discovered our room was up? There was no lift. Confusing, and the gentlemen sitting in the front desk with the lady didnt offer to help. The rooms we basic. We were just happy to have free wifi and a place to rest our heads. Situated on a busy road but the noise wasn't too bad. I'd recommened this place for a cheap stop over.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends