“Great location and price, noisy though.”
Review of Seaview Hotel

Seaview Hotel
Ranked #28 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights in April. Location is great, walking distance to Pier and 3rd street. Free wifii, free parking. Price is very reasonable, rooms are spacy and clean. Lovely garden. We stayed in room 14 which was close to the road. Only problem is the car noise you hear while trying to sleep, otherwise a 5 star, perfect budget place! They can get over this problem if they changed the window system maybe and get those two sided new ones that block the noise. My advice is to call the reception and ask for a room facing the beach side. That is what I would do if I went back. Overall, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OzgurRosti

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Stayed here for one night during quick road trip from Oakland. Love the Retro feel of this hotel. We got a free upgrade when we checked in, and we were very pleased with the room. It was clean and the bed was super comfortable. Will stay here again next time in town.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Teresa M
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I stayed here with 4 friends they were very accomodating to the group in one room, very clean, nice deco for a place, bathroom was on the small side but had the added bonus of a kitchenette. nice roof top terrace, free parking and great loaction to santa monica pier. would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank STEPHANIE C
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I was so excited to book a stay at this hotel for a big upcoming trip after seeing dozens out of my price range. Unfortunately this hotel is all smoke & mirrors! After researching (on THEIR website) the room rates and availability for my stay, I decided to go ahead and lock in the low rate. After trying several times, unsuccessfully, to reserve a room online, I noticed they give a phone number to call for reservations. OH HOW I WISH I COULD'VE BOOKED ONLINE! The person that answered the phone acted completely disturbed to be answering the phone and kept cutting me off in broken English to tell me to go "reserve online". I tried to explain (in English) that the website wasn't allowing me to do so. She huffily told me they had no rooms available anyway and got off the phone. I, for one, am glad I saved my hard earned money to spend it where it's appreciated. Sooo disappointed....

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tashia E
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Me and my friend had to find a place to stay one night prior to a 2 week tour we had already orgainised. We wern't looking for anything special, just a cheap place close to central Santa Monica. Seaview ticked all the boxes. We arrived early from our international flight to find our room wasn't ready, which we predicted. They said we could leave our luggage there while we filled in a few ours around town. The lady at the front desk wasn't very professional, but for a small cheap hotel you can't hope for much. When we returned they asked if we wanted a room upstairs or downstairs - because of our luggage. We said down but discovered our room was up? There was no lift. Confusing, and the gentlemen sitting in the front desk with the lady didnt offer to help. The rooms we basic. We were just happy to have free wifi and a place to rest our heads. Situated on a busy road but the noise wasn't too bad. I'd recommened this place for a cheap stop over.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 28, 2013

The motel is walking distance to the pier, beach, and great restaurants. It is a older hotel right on Ocean Ave. It is very tough to get any decent sleep, because of lights and noise(you can hear every conversation). The bathrooms are very old and need updating. The staff is friendly, but you must ask for towels and washcloth.

Room Tip: avoid room #9
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Denise W
Reviewed April 17, 2013

This is the coolest! Now if you want 5 star then prolly not your cup o tea. Close to beach, clean, nothing fancy but safe and has all you need. Awesome location, great landscaping, private patio as well as a roof top sun deck with ocean view. You cant beat it! The staff is awesome. Would highly recommend!

Room Tip: you get whats available, theres not a lot of choosing!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family