All reviews separate rooms clean rooms santa monica pier sm carpet
Reviewed August 28, 2018

We stayed here for 2 nights, 2 adults and 1 teenager.

What a lovely welcome we had from Spiros! He gave us a couple of maps, and highlighted places to go, streets, supermarkets etc. This was great as never been to Santa Monica before. Room was very basic, however clean. Room had a double bed with another double bed just off in a separate room (without door). Room had a fridge and TV. Cupboard space for clothes if needed. Bathroom was quite small, however, hot running water and lovely hot shower! People in previous review have mentioned no AC, this is true however, the rooms did have fans.

Free parking and free wifi. Beautiful coffee and biscuits available in the morning. Palm Motel is about 30 minutes walk into Santa Monica itself.

Spiros - the owner was very accommodating - as I was sat outside, enjoying sun, asked if we had had a good day and enquired what we had been up to.

Would I recommend this place - yes and definitely if on a budget.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2018

Pleasant staff, great coffee. This was a budget hotel for us, its clean and tiny, lots of pigeons and the exterior maintenance seems to be "more paint". It was noisy at night, no A/C, so come prepared, but people used to staying in close quarter camping environments will understand. I enjoyed it, and would stay there again if pressed for monies....

Room tip: try to get either close to the office or main floor. Upper level rooms get hot, but they are further from the noise.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2018 via mobile

Overall had a great stay. Was a bit sceptical at first but would stay again if needing a low cost place to stay in Santa Monica. Stayed in a room with 3 beds - nice and clean shower was okay water temp was intermittent. One thing to keep in mind there is no A/C in the rooms - not that this was big deal as weather with windows open was fine (we did bring a box fan and placed in window to suck cool air in to the unit). Less than 10 min to beach and pier - would recommend.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank ryanr937
Reviewed February 7, 2018

I love Palm Motel in Santa Monica. =)
I always feel very welcome when I am there & the staff is always very lovely, kind & welcoming. I consider this place "my second home" in Santa Monica and both me, my family & friends have stayed there several times. =)

The location is perfect, close to everything but still private, like its on little cute neighborhood with fresh flowers around & great free coffee in the morning. It has been newly renovated & the rooms & environment are always clean & fresh.

I can highly recommend this motel for all travelers!

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Swe_Around_TheWorld
Reviewed January 24, 2018 via mobile

I have stayed here a few times. Rooms look renovated, and clean.
Very good value for price. Quite, around a mile from the beach. It takes me around 15’ to walk to the beach.
Super market within 2’ min walk and the city’s rental bikes right accross the street. Metro is also within 5-10’ walk. Parking available.
All and all happy with my stay here. Definitely consider it if you are visiting.

Date of stay: January 2018