“Great location and Rooms are spotless”
Review of Ocean Lodge Hotel

Ocean Lodge Hotel
Ranked #30 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
Corona, California
“Great location and Rooms are spotless”
Reviewed March 9, 2011

I stay in Ocean Lodge Hotel for one week and I had nothing, but good experiance while staying there. The staff were very kind and my room was clean, sheets, towels, and bathroom especially. Location is perfect averything is walking distance go to restaurants, shopping stores and the pier is just across the street.

I must say that I really enjoyed staying in Ocean Lodge Hotel and if I ever came back to Santa Monica I will love to stay there again....! :)

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Mirella444

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
AZ
Reviewed March 4, 2011

I have stayed at Ocean lodge on more than one occasion and each time I have stayed I have been extremely pleased with my stay. If you are looking for a place that is seconds away from Santa Monica pier and extremely close to shopping, food etc. then this place will meet your mark. I loved the easy access to the beach and the 3rd Street Promenade is a pretty cool place as well.

For breakfast my husband, our friends and I all went to Chez Jay Restaurant right next door to the hotel; pretty good way to start our day.

The staff at the front desk are all super knowledgeable about the area and are willing to assist you with anything. The rooms were spacious enough for 2 couples to be comfortable in and very clean and well kept.

I have worked in customer service/hospitality for 8+ years and I have zero complaints about this hotel. I continue to talk about this hotel to everyone I know. I will be back!!! Thank you for continuing to make my trips to the beach perfect.

-Sarah

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank love2judge
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed March 3, 2011

We are a family and travel often throughout California. We have stayed at Ocean Lodge several times over the years and will keep going back whenever we are in Santa Monica. The staff are friendly, hospitable, the rooms are spacious, it is blocks, literally walking distance to the beach and the Santa Monica Pier. Our favorite is to be able to easily walk to the recently refurbished mall and not have to deal with parking. Third Street Promenade is great evening walk with street entertainers, restaurants, and movie theaters all close by. Stay at the Ocean Lodge.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Whitakerh
Tempe, Arizona
Reviewed March 3, 2011

I love it, the fact that it was so close to the beach, close to several bars, the stay was great. The staff was amazing, the beds were amazing ( and very spacious). i would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed February 13, 2011

BED BUGS!!! Found bed bugs in both beds. The maid (who barely spoke english ) tried to say we brought them! Received full refund, will never stay there again!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Rebeccajacobjordan
ocea1667, General Manager at Ocean Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, February 22, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Please allow me to introduce myself, Marisela Herrera, General Manager. I recently read your review and wanted to first apologize for what occurred during your stay with us.

Be informed that we have taken immediate and thorough action to resolve this concern and I have personally overseen the actual maintenance done to address this isolated incident.

Let it be known that we are truly committed to our guest's satisfaction and take these matters very seriously.

We want to earn your business back by any means necessary and will look forward to your highly anticipated reply if there is anything else that we can do to make you feel better on your stay at our hotel.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again!

Travelers are raving about these Santa Monica hotels

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed July 18, 2010

A quiet motel very close to the Santa Monica Pier. Nothing fancy, but very clean. Extremely honest staff. When I checked in they had just placed a special rate on line and gave it to me. I wouldn't have known the difference. Very heartwarming in this day and age. There were only two downsides. Parking was in extremely close quarters. It was a bit nerve wracking trying to get in and out. There other was the evaporative cooler in the room. We had to wake up twice during the night and empty it out. It made a noise and woke you up when it needed to be emptied. Huge plus was the location. We parked the car at the motel and walked everywhere. It was close to great places to eat and shopping. You can't get any better for the price!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank katelynnicole2525
San Diego, California
Reviewed May 29, 2010

My husband and I spent 2 nights at this hotel. We had a very pleasant stay. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were spacious, clean and bright. I especially liked the large, walk in type closet which helped us keep are large suitcases and clothes very accessible but also hidden.There was also a built in cabinet with plenty of shelves to store our smaller items which I found very convenient. I was especially surprised by a bottle of champagne awaiting us in the refrigerator. (I believe my husband may have communicated this request to the hotel staff as our stay was a special occasion for us, but I am not sure. Regardless, it was a pleasant and thoughtful surprise.) The other thing I especially enjoyed was a back room off of our bedroom. It gave me that extra space that I needed and would be where my kids would be if we had brought them along--a separate place but still part of the room. My husband also enjoyed the free internet access in the room.

It's not the most luxurious hotel, nor the most modern but I don't think I'd get the large walk in closet, the built in shelves and cupboards, and the little back room if it were--and the price was right and the location outrageous! There were so many things to do in just walking distance.

The Hotel is located just across from the most marvelous and widest beach you have ever seen! The amenities and gymnastic equipment span a good 1/4 mile. I loved the area. We went on the pier, rode the merry-go-round and rented bikes to ride down to Venice. Later we we went shopping on the 3rd street promenade, walked along the palisades (what a view!) and in the evening, we had a hard time choosing from the many unique restaurants down main street.

I would recommend this hotel to a friend and we will come again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple