Ocean Lodge Hotel
$251
$199
ComfortInn
Travelodge by Wyndham Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
$216
$209
$332
$299
Doubletree.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $333/night.

Gateway Hotel Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
$199
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $250/night.

Ocean View Hotel(Santa Monica)
$259
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $349/night.

$580
$308
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $366/night.

$520
$450
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $501/night.

$466
$395
Fairmont.com
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $483/night.

Shore Hotel(Santa Monica)
$329
Savings alert! 43% below average rates

The price you found is 43% lower than this hotel's average rate of $581/night.

$404
$263
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $324/night.

All reviewssanta monica piergreat locationwalking distancestay there againrooms are cleanmoldpromenade
Reviewed August 2, 2013

If your first priority is easy access to Santa Monica pier & beach, this hotel is a good choice. If your first priority is a nice, up to date room, maybe look elsewhere on the Avenue. The beds are OK, the parking is OK, the air con is OK, but the prices are fairly steep for what is just an 'OK' hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I stayed here for a week and had a fantastic time there. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. Obviously it's not a five-star hotel, but for what you pay you get a nice place. The staff were super friendly and domestic staff did a good job cleaning my room everyday. It is in a great location to both the Santa Monica Pier and the downtown shops.

Next time I am in Santa Monica I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Ross P
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My husband, myself and our three teenage grandchildren were supposed to stay at this DUMP for 5 nights, but after only one night we quickly checked out and went to the Hotel California across the street. the 2 bedroom suite was horrible. The smell was unbearable- very moldy. The main bedroom was a postage stamp. My husband had to crawl n and out of the bed from the bottom of the bed because there was only enough room to get out on one side. The shower was out of a "PSYCHO" movie. The rooms were VERY small and between that and the smell we opted to LEAVE the VERY NEXT MORNING. My kids usually don't complain but they said they couldn't stay in that moldy environment and I couldn't stay in that claustrophobic room another night. I am only glad that they took the first nights room automatically because we were supposed to stay longer and they asked me to pay for the whole stay when we checked in late that Monday night. I had not seen the SUITE (Laugh) yet. I was tired and my back was hurting from the long drive from Monterey so I said that I would give them the card the next day. THANK GOD for little favors. We went to check out at 9 am the next morning but there was no one in the lobby so we just left our keys in the check out bin. Believe me, I have NEVER BEEN IN SUCH A DUMP IN MY LIFE. Granted this was not a 5 star hotel but the one across the street, the Hotel California is the same quality of hotel and MUCH NICER AND MORE SPACIOUS and also MUCH CLOSER TO THE PIER AND BOARDWALK - only STEPS away.

Room Tip: There is NO room that could overcome the stench of mustiness and mold
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank posts69288
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel almost everytime I come to the LA/Santa Monica area. I love the simplicity of it and the location is perfect. It is so close to the beach and all kinds of shopping and great places to eat.

The staff is knowledgeable of the area and very friendly.

The rooms have everything I need.

If you are looking for a nice beach hotel this is the place!

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank Swhitaker05
Reviewed June 22, 2013

The location of the hotel is just blocks from the Santa Monica Pier. Walking to the pier is perfect. The hotel staff are always inviting and helpful. They have gone through recent renovations that make it a jewel in Santa Monica. You are literally within walking distance of some fabulous restaurants, bars and the Third Street Promenade, all of which you should visit if you are visiting in Santa Monica for more than a day.

Have used the Ocean Lodge for years for visitors who come into town because they always want to stay close to the Ocean on the days I work during their visit. I have never had any reason to consider changing plans for future guests.

Stay, stay, go back and stay again. If you are a tourist in Los Angeles, great place to land because you are located close to everything, especially the Beach.

Room Tip: The beach is the swimming pool and the Santa Monica Pier is there for your kids activities. You will have more than you know what to do with.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family