Hostelling International - Los Angeles/Santa Monica
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Ocean View Hotel(Santa Monica)
  • Beachfront
The Georgian Hotel(Santa Monica)
Hotel Carmel(Santa Monica)
Shore Hotel(Santa Monica)
  • Breakfast included
Ocean Lodge Hotel(Santa Monica)
  • Beachfront
Sea Blue Hotel(Santa Monica)
  • Beachfront
All reviewspub crawlbed dormhi hostelcommon areasfemale dormlarge lockersbig hostelgreat locationgreat facilitiesoutdoor courtyardfree breakfast isyour luggagevenice beachstreet promenadeair conditioningtwo blockslos angeles
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Really good location, 2 minutes from 3rd street promenade and less than 5 minutes from Santa Monica pier. Hostel is good with the dorm rooms with good beds, lots of room, and personal power sockets and lights. Only slight downside is that there's no bar and you can't bring alcohol inside which detracts from the social aspect a bit

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 14, 2014

i stayed in this hotel 3 jan. night and we just slept there. after this stay i had many lesion on my body and i was terrible wounds. i suffered it 10 days. be careful it can really be dangerous. there is something dangerous at beds.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
mainplace, Owner at Hostelling International - Los Angeles/Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

We are so sorry for your experience with bed bugs and all of your suffering. As soon as we knew that your bed had a problem, we called in our pest control company to treat the room and closed the room for several days until we were sure that the problem was eliminated.
We hope that you are fully recovered and that you will give us another chance.
Please contact me directly if you still feel that we have not addressed this issue.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

I would recommend staying here for the location alone.
My husband and I stayed in a private room. It was comfortable, a reasonable size and had a TV. It was a bit noisy due to an air con vent (we think). The shared bathrooms are clean but the showers only have one tap and it is hot, to hot to stand under as times. They provide a basic breakfast each morning, have cheap eat nights and the staff were always helpful. Overall it is a really good place to stay and there was a lot of other Aussie’s staying there too. We really liked Santa Monica and we found it to be in a pretty good location for getting to all the LA attractions and the airport. It does take a long time to get anywhere is LA, so factor that into your plans.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank H_Sava
Reviewed December 17, 2013

The location of the hostel is amazing, near from the beach, the pier of santa monica and the 3rd Street Promenade!!
The staff of the hostel is nice! The structure it's great, everything is full of color and fun! I stayed in a privative room for 3 people and was just great, we used the ladies bathroom in that floor, and it was clean and smelt good all the times!
For me the there was just one bad thing about this hostel: no elevator! I stayed there February, 2011, after visiting Las Vegas and San Francisco with my mom and sister so we had a lot of luggage and the room was in the 3rd or 4th floor! Thankfully the hostel always has some big, strong and nice men disposed to help!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Julia Ricardi S
Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here a couple of times in the past and found it to be really good however I was a little disappointed this time round. Having said that, the location is outstanding and cannot be beaten. The 3rd street promenade is just around the corner as is the beach. There is plenty of places to eat ranging from $ - $$$$. The staff at the hostel are very helpful and friendly as are housekeeping etc. my only criticism would be that the bathrooms on the 3rd floor were consistently disgusting. Every day I found phlegm / hair in the sinks and blocked toilets. The showers were lukewarm. I tried a few different showers on a couple of different levels and they all appeared to be a similar temperature. Also just a tip - the hostel advertises a twenty percent discount for bike rental at Perry's. Go to sea mist bike rental (next to hot dog on a stick just near the pier) even without a discount it's way cheaper the guys that work the counter are super cool and really really helpful

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends