TripAdvisor
Santa Monica
Post
Inbox
Search

“Celiac and allergen friendly”
Review of Fresh Brothers

Fresh Brothers
Order Online
Ranked #278 of 821 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Reviewed April 11, 2018

Highly recommend for those with celiac & food allergies! Called to inquire about safety for my daughter who has celiac as well as multiple food allergies. Asked to speak with manager and was very impressed with level of knowledge and extent of protocols to minimize cross contact! He explained the kitchen is not gluten free but for gluten free / allergen pizzas, they have a "walk in" prep area with dedicated preparation area and equipment. They take it so serious that the individual preparing the pizza must actually change shirts if they have previously been making flour pizzas. Although they bake in the same oven, prior to baking, they thoroughly clean the oven and then place the gluten free pizza on the top shelf to reduce risk of crumbs dropping and exercise extreme caution when handling. Manager very thorough in explaining and resulted in our ordering of pizza delivery to our hotel -- a personal gluten free pizza for daughter, larger non-gf pizza for the rest. 6 y/o LOVED her pizza and no reactions! Definitely recommend!!!

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank Amy M
Rebecca M, Owner at Fresh Brothers, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2018

Amy, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback! I am so glad you joined us and our Santa Monica team took such wonderful care of you and your daughter. We hope to see you again on your next visit! All my best, Becca M.

Write a reviewReviews (17)

Reviewed November 8, 2017

Fresh Brother's is awesome in every sense of the word. All ingredients are fresh, their dough is always tasty (especially the deep dish), and the atmosphere is always refreshing. I'm a long time customer who will definitely keep coming back as long as I'm in SoCal.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed December 30, 2016 via mobile

Love love this place . They have the best gluten free pizza every and they seal the box with a special label . It is the best gluten free we've ever eaten . The regular pizza is also very good . The Greek salad was large and very fresh . ( they will even chop the salad for you - YES
They deliver too .

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed July 20, 2016

Fantastic pizza, ingredients are fresh and well balanced. Make sure to order the fresh knots (garlic rolls)as an appetizer and end your meal with the sweet knots(basically rolled cinnamon with glaze on top) they are delicious!!

Date of visit: July 2016
Debbie G, Owner at Fresh Brothers, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2016

Dear Andrew -- Thank you so much for sharing your feedback! So glad you had such a great experience! Aren't the sweet knots incredible? Please send me your email address so I can send you a little something as a thank you. All my best--Debbie@FreshBrothers.com

Reviewed June 19, 2016 via mobile

The hotel said this was the best local pizza delivery but it was mediocre at best. The pizza was similar to frozen Elios pizza. It's not bad just not great. I should have known it wouldn't be good when we asked for a cannoli and they said they don't serve any cannolis.

Date of visit: June 2016

Dear lizd3, Thank you for sharing your feedback! I'm so sorry your experience was well below our standards. I'd like to send you a gift certificate as an apology with the hope that you'll give us another shot in the near future, on us. Please send me your email address to Debbie@FreshBrothers.com. Thank you.