“Fantastic beer selection”

The Library Alehouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The Library Alehouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #66 of 681 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Los Angeles, California
“Fantastic beer selection”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Amazing beer selection, and great food to accompany. You wont find a better beer selection in Santa Monica.

Visited June 2013

Leawood, Kansas
“Great beer selection, food is very sub-par”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I ate here twice with my family (2 small children) and again with a friend.
First, it isn't very kid friendly. My Hamburger was large, which is not a positive to me. The bun was white bread and lackluster. Sweet potato fries were okay.

Another family was seated after us and had their food before anyone even took our order. I had a beer that was still 1/4 full, turned around to help my child and the busboy poured my water in it and cleared the glasses.

I tried Library Alehouse again because I wanted to try different beers. This time without the family, but with a friend. The experience was slightly better. Service was more prompt. The music was so loud I had to yell at my friend during our conversation. I tried some other menu items. The carnitas taco was bland. Needed more cilantro and verde sauce. The sliders were supposed to be 3 different ones, but were all the same and not very good. I tried the french fries with cheese and gravy. These were awful. I couldn't choke them down.

If you want Good beer, go here. If you want good food, go elsewhere.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank rader58
Santa Monica
“Good local haunt”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

The library alehouse is always a good place to go for a reliably good burger, salad and extensive selection of beers. Nice and light inside with a cute patio in back. Highly recommend.

• Visited July 2013
London
“Excellent beer selection and good grub.”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We were staying at the Bayside hotel in Santa Monica and following and intensive afternoon shopping in and around the Third Street Promenade area, we wanted something with more of a local feel after the barrage of international shops. There seems to be a thriving culture of ale-house type bars in SoCal at the minute and we found The Library Alehouse about a mile down Main Street. The ever-present sports could be found on screens but these were kept to the bar only, with plenty of tables to be had in and outside. The menu was good, with plenty of gastropub type meals and a excellent range of beers. The staff were happy to recommend drinks and food to suit our taste and neither disappointed. I had the house burger and my wife had the roast chicken with fries and gravy. The portions were great and the only disappointment was the amount of gravy drenched chips my wife left. Criminal.

• Visited May 2013
“Beer, Burger and Service”
Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

A great gift find. The burgers we had were delicious, the veggie burger was a real winner. Beer selection was excellent with 20 offerings on tap and lots of bottles. Beer cupcake for desert. Overall very impressed.

• Visited June 2013