“Best burger ever!”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Dont go here if you're looking for a nice dining experience. The place might get crowded, you might not get great service (because its super busy, but never rude or anything like that!),maybe you'll have to stand and wait, but you can do that with a beer in hand... and boy is it worth every minute of the wait, the burger is hands down, the best in LA...I'll admit, I dont get these people who think this place is average.. I used to live in Santa Monica and this place was my monthly must! If I didnt feel like being in the crowd, i'd get it to go.
But one thing for sure - they never disappointed me as a client who just wanted a juicy, fresh, unique, delishious burger... and its only 12$!!! I mean, c'mon :D

Reviewed March 18, 2013

You will be hard pressed to find a better burger in Los Angeles or any other part of the country. Their burger has to be one of the top burgers in the world. Real talk.

Great bear and wine selection and amazing sweet potato fries. I prefer the one in Santa Monica over the one in Culver City. It's smaller and more intimate. Also means you have to wait longer to find a table.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I guess it is it's reputation as much as anything. Dinner was good I had a burger of course! Not sure I will go again unless I am with someone who wants to try it.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Wife and I went on a Saturday afternoon. Arrived about 1:00-1:30. Was worried about not being there at opening. There were a handful of seats left - we scored our seats at the bar. Kept it simple each ordering the Office Burger ($12) medium-rare. Delicious. High quality. The carmelized onions were best we've had in quite some time. The french bread roll holds up quite well. The whole package was juicy and tasty. The burger can have fries added for $2.50 we opted out since we'd been dining progressively this day. A couple of people at the bar ordered lamb skewers - those dishes looked pretty good too. A nice handful selection of red wines by the glass on the menu and 30+ tap craft beers plus more in the bottle to chose from. The menu does a good job describing the brews and there are "feature" chalk boards over the bar. Fear not - you can taste before you commit to a full serving. Watch what others order to see what looks lighter, dark, darker too. Service was prompt, if not outwardly friendly. At one point, was told no photos were allowed to be taken (seriously?) - sorry already had done a few. That would not keep me from returning and enjoying what I might not be allowed to photograph.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

We had the traditional burger - it was very flavorful and just as described in the numerous articles about the food and commitment to a great burger. We sat at the bar and had a nice conversation with the bartender and what seemed to be regulars to Father's office. The craft beer selection was solid. When unsure of what you like, the bartender asked a series of questions to help them determine which one or 2 beers you might like.