“DISGUSTING food and bad service! Became VIOLENTLY ILL!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Creative Sushi - CLOSED

Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Los Angeles
“DISGUSTING food and bad service! Became VIOLENTLY ILL!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2007

The previous reviewer must be kidding or have been paid off by the restaurant!!!! In addition, I am not alone and have seen several reviews on other sites of people who had bad food, bad service, and also became ill from the fish. I am a native Angeleno, adventurous eater, and avid cook (sushi being one of my specialties)... I know good food from bad, fresh ingredients from spoiled, and quality service. My lunch at Creative Sushi could not have been a worse! It was infact, the WORST FOOD OF MY LIFE!!! Our fish smelled ‘bad’, was warm and as we later found out, was spoiled. The spicy tuna roll was gross, the yellowtail looked like scraps and smelled… HORRIBLE! When we complained that our food was not good, we were told we were wrong, ‘lying’ and that they would not take anything off our bill. We go the in the car, felt sick and hurried home. We became VIOLENTLY ILL!! Headaches, shakes, chills, nausea, violent ‘stomach upset’… the works! It's been 3 days and my stomach is still cramping and upset! I went back to tell them I got sick from the fish – they yelled, called me a ‘liar’ and treated me terribly! I was told that I would have to ‘prove’ that I was sick from their food and that I was ‘lying and seeking money’… I was repeatedly hung up on when I called to force the issue and have the lunch charges reversed (they refuse to do so). I have no idea how this ridiculous husband and wife have stayed in business with insane customer ‘service’ and disgusting food, BUT I HAVE REPORTED THEM TO THE HEALTH DEPARTMENT! I wouldn’t tell my worst enemy to go there and would shut it down if I could! NEVER GO TO CREATIVE SUSHI! EVER!!!!!

Los Angeles
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“In our top 3”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2007

I don't write reviews but I had to counter the horrid review given to one of our favorite sushi restaurants in Los Angeles. We live in LA, we love sushi- we love Creative Sushi! The sushi is great, they do some very playful things, (the black pepper garlic tuna is amazing!)The previous reviewer must be from the mid west and used to huge portions of crappy food, the portions at Creative sushi are comparable for the price and quality to anywhere on the west coast, it's actually very reasonably priced for the quality of the food, the atmosphere is casual or it would be double the price. The fish quality is A to A minus, (no crap and scrap spicy rolls like you get in cheap sushi joints), the service is friendly and helpful, the sushi chefs are excellent and personable and the restuarant plays reggae music non-stop, it's perfect for a fun, casual date or a night with friends.

1 Thank beccause
A TripAdvisor Member
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2006

Went to Creative Sushi tonight. We were very hungry, but the service was painfully slow and inconsistent. The portions were stingy: only 5 little pieces per roll at prices comparable to what I'm used to paying for at least 8 pieces. The rolls tasted somewhat stale; possibly because this is such a small restaurant without a lot of turnover. Overall, I was disappointed with the experience.