“Absolutely Disgusting”

Campos Mexican Foods
Ranked #425 of 676 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
New Jersey
“Absolutely Disgusting”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

I can't even call it Mexican food because that would be doing the cuisine a disservice. Never ever go here! We ordered chicken enchilada, fish tacos, shrimp tacos, rice & beans. All I can say is I hope I won't get sick. Guacamole was put in a blender and was bland. Beans def out of a can. Nothing but chopped dried up chicken in enchilada, not even any cheese. Whomever thinks this is good has never had good Mexican food.

Visited April 2014

North Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
“Long Time Fixture In Santa Monica Still Delivers A Bang For Your Food Buck!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

The owner has had this restaurant for over 42 years. Many family members stand behind the counter ready to take your order. Yep, you order at the counter and soon they call your number and you grab your full tray. Two main reasons it is always full with folks from all walks of life, tremendous value and great tasting food. That is a double deal that makes Campos such a long time winner for locals. I have never had a bad meal there. They serve up a great breakfast plus delicious lunch or dinner. You've got it right there on Pico Blvd. Come hungry because you always get a good full serving. When a place has been in business as long as this you know it is a winner. No further discussion is needed. Hungry for great Mexican food...you know where to head in the Santa Monica area...Campos Mexican Foods. Ole!

• Visited July 2013
Hermosa Beach, California
“Love this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

I moved to Santa Monica in 1956 and lived 6 blocks from here until I moved in 1993. There used to be an ice cream store in the 60s, then several other fast food restaurants gave it a try. Sometime around the 80s (I think), Campos came and made a success of the location.

I continue to this day to buy tacos and nachos here for our weekly softball post-game parties. It's not at all fancy, but the food is delicious which is why it's so busy. It's close to Santa Monica College so it gets the college students, but it also gets a lot of families, couples, and solo eaters all day long.

My favorite item used to be the avocado burrito, but now the hard shell turkey tacos are #1. They use some sort of oil with the lettuce which really makes the burritos and tacos moist and yummy. I've been taking them to the weekly team parties for at least 10 years and everybody loves them. I also grab a couple of the Nachos Dips (without meat) and those go over well, too.

My daughter lives two miles away but if I offer to take her to Campos, we'll drive past 25 other restaurants to enjoy the Campos food. It doesn't hurt that the prices are really low.

I can't believe I hadn't reviewed Campos before now since it's easily my most frequented restaurant. If there was one in Hermosa Beach (where I've lived since 2001), I'd be there all the time.

BTW - the photo of the green building is the Campos on Jefferson, not the one on Pico. The Pico location is the original and still the best.

• Visited January 2013
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I've been going here since the 80's. The avocado (veggie) burrito is my favorite, and I love huevos rancheros for...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2008

I've been going here since the 80's. The avocado (veggie) burrito is my favorite, and I love huevos rancheros for breakfast.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook