“Consistently Inconsistent”

Order Online
Ranked #365 of 725 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cuisines: Pizza
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Description: Dagwoods is your local pizza shop with a simple goal: to provide great food at great prices and always with exceptional customer service while making a positive difference in our community.
Reviewed February 16, 2020

If you want to settle the debate over why LA pizza is inferior to NYC...try this place. Or, if you like to gamble (gamble that they will get your order right; gamble that it will be tasty), then try Dagwood’s. We’ve ordered from them over 25 times, and on at least 5 occasions promised ourselves that we’d never use them again. Once in a while they do deliver a good-tasting pie; however, too often they either screw up the order, or send out a tasteless product...as was the case a few nights ago, when we again said “never again.”

Date of visit: February 2020
Write a reviewReviews (26)

Reviewed September 23, 2019 via mobile

I found this place thanks to Instagram and the pictures of the MagicAF pizza last year. Since then I can’t resist but come back here every time I’m in LA (we drove on purpose from Santa Barbara once!). The place is nice with some seating outside, free WiFi and quick and smiling staff. My husband had a mushroom pizza and I had (twice) my beloved MagicAF !
The glitters are so fun and nice and the pizza is so good I always feel happy in this place. I think their rainbow glitters filled my heart as well cause I felt like a child again and I’m sure this is the magic they’re taking about.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed March 31, 2019 via mobile

I love a mushroom pie and had it delivered to a park we were chillin at. Nice and crispy crust, fresh ingredients. Not the cheapest pizza but I don’t mind paying as long as the quality is there.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed July 31, 2018

On a recent visit to Santa Monica we couldn't resist trying the MagicalAF pizza at Dagwood's, especially after seeing it mentioned in mainstream news videos and internet recommendations. It didn't disappoint. My husband had a pepperoni pizza, also excellent. Thankfully, we just beat the line out the door. We walked to Dagwoods from the Georgian Hotel at the beach, where we enjoyed a 2-night stay. If you go to Santa Monica, I'd highly recommend Dagwoods for a local experience with the most friendly staff, good food, and even a taste of magic.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 15, 2018

All great what can I say. How many words have I used The waitress was like I’m all that even though she was cool but come on. She’s like tripping on me cause i was flirting with her. Haha

Date of visit: July 2018