TripAdvisor
Santa Monica
Post
Inbox
Search

“Pizza magic in Santa Monica”
Review of Dagwoods

Dagwoods
Order Online
Ranked #335 of 821 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cuisines: Pizza
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Description: Dagwoods is your local pizza shop with a simple goal: to provide great food at great prices and always with exceptional customer service while making a positive difference in our community.
Reviewed July 31, 2018

On a recent visit to Santa Monica we couldn't resist trying the MagicalAF pizza at Dagwood's, especially after seeing it mentioned in mainstream news videos and internet recommendations. It didn't disappoint. My husband had a pepperoni pizza, also excellent. Thankfully, we just beat the line out the door. We walked to Dagwoods from the Georgian Hotel at the beach, where we enjoyed a 2-night stay. If you go to Santa Monica, I'd highly recommend Dagwoods for a local experience with the most friendly staff, good food, and even a taste of magic.

Date of visit: July 2018
Write a reviewReviews (25)

Reviewed July 15, 2018

All great what can I say. How many words have I used The waitress was like I’m all that even though she was cool but come on. She’s like tripping on me cause i was flirting with her. Haha

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed May 6, 2018 via mobile

Ordered $40 worth of food last night for delivery to my apartment, after over an hour of waiting no food.
Contacted them to find out where our order was to be told they had attempted delivery with no answer and that thy were now to busy to deliver.
First experience was unfortunately a bad one.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed April 30, 2018 via mobile

Good salad, good pizza, big portions, easy price ! Well everything was fast and good ! If you are looking for healthy food close to Santa Monica...

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed October 3, 2017 via mobile

Tried to eat here. Waited 12 mins (yes...we timed it) to be recognized. Person at counter was too busy chatting up with his friends at counter to acknowledge us.
I attempted to politely ask should we sit or? He said menu is displayed and you order here - then ignored us another 5 mins.
My $ spends everywhere. Their loss! Don't bother here when you can head elsewhere to be acknowledged and they want your business

Date of visit: October 2017
Mark P, General Manager at Dagwoods, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2017

Hi Lydia2U,

I'm horrified to hear about your experience at Dagwoods; it is completely unacceptable and I truly apologize. I know it's been a few weeks since you left your review, but is there any way you could tell me the time of day that you visited so I can investigate the matter further? I take issues like this very seriously and I hope there is some way I can remedy the situation and ensure that nothing like this ever happens again.

Again, I truly apologize for the experience, and thank you for letting me know about the issue. I promise you that things like this are a rarity here and if you could find it in your heart to give us another try I know we will do better.

Mark