“Tapas by the shore”

Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Huntington Beach, California
“Tapas by the shore”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

Enjoy tapas and Spanish food? If so, try this restaurant for a nice experience. We arrived at 5:30 on a Saturday and caught their happy hour with drinks and some reduced appetizers. Only available in the bar area, we ordered sangria, little fried mashed potato tapas, and fried cauliflower tapas to begin, finishing our meal with a tasty chicken and chorizo paella off their regular menu--all were very good. Service was friendly and perfectly attentive (not too little and not too much) and the atmosphere nice, including recorded classical guitar. Reasonable parking available in a public garage next door and close to the beach for a walk after dinner. All in all, we'll be back!

• Visited May 2014

Santa Monica, California, United States
“What a great find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

Was in the mood for tapas and this showed up in my search. It's where the Tudor House used to be on 2nd Street and Santa Monica. The server suggested 1 large plate and 3-4 small plates for 2 people to share, or 5-6 small plates. We opted for the small plates. The roasted organic mushrooms were my absolute fave. They were a combo of maitake, shiitake, and oyster mushrooms roasted in truffle oil with melted burrata cheese over top. Simple but oh so delicious. My next fave was the octopus carpaccio. It had just the right amount of tang and was very tender. The shaved brussels sprouts salad was a pleasant surprise, and my friend's fave. It consisted of shaved brussels sprouts with some sort of vinaigrette dressing and topped with grated pecorino cheese. Very refreshing. The hamachi krudo was good, but not really any different from any other version I've had. The paprika shrimp had a good kick to it, but after eating it, the grilled asparagus with dried tuna appeared flavorless and was therefore our least fave. The individual sangrias were just the right drink for a hot evening; I had the grapefruit sangria and the burgundy sangria. The grapefruit drink was by far the better of the two, which just the right combo of tang and sweet. My friend had the red pepper sangria which she described as "interesting". We tried the honey cheesecake; I'm not normally a cheesecake fan, but this is something I could eat regularly. The honey gave it just the right amount of sweetness and the texture was creamy as opposed to the dry, clumpy mouthfeel some cheesecakes can leave behind. Because it was my birthday, the server also brought out the pot de creme with a candle on it. VERY rich and chocolatey. Overall a great place to dine. Will bring my hubby to try it out on our next date night.

• Visited May 2014
Omaha, Nebraska
“Great little tapas restaurant ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

Tasty bites a little off the main 3rd street promenade. Gazpacho and paprika shrimp were highlights. The octopus was overpowered by the fennel orange salad on top and the seafood paella was just ok. The almond paste and chocolate dessert sandwiches were fine but Id order something else next time. Great sangria options as well.

Dublin, Ireland
“Great tapas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

Popped in for happy hour 5$ tapas of smelt (little fish fry) and steak with rice. Super with 4$ glasses of wine. Great food and happy hour each night! Lovely place too. Staff good.

Visited April 2014
Santa Monica, California, United States
“Mussels are Divine!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

Wow! I am so happy to find a good tapas restaurant in Santa Monica. I absolutely loved this place. They have a variety of interesting Sangrias (try the one with peppers - yum!) and their dinners are boffo, but you cannot leave without trying the mussels tapas. The staff is also gorgeous here. So helpful and just the right amount of checking in. I wasn't crazy about the seafood Paella, but I'm sure some people will love it. I had a whitefish with Risotto, and it was superb. Also, try the pig ears. You'll really love them and the texture is really perfect.

• Visited March 2014