“Healthy Hawaiian/SanMo burgers”
Review of Pono Burger

Pono Burger
Reserve with OpenTable
Pono Burger is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 705 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Description: Pono Burger is a neighborhood destination where Chef Makani uses organic, farm fresh ingredients to create handcrafted burgers made with integrity that, above all, taste great. Her burgers feature organic, grass-fed beef cooked on a wood-burning grill, organic French fries, two vegetarian burgers, a farmers market salad, organic ice cream milkshakes, local wines and craft beers. We also take reservations for parties of 8 or more. Come in to see us soon!
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

My whole family loves this place for its fresh ambiance, great service, and mouth-watering, wood-fired burgers. There's free underground parking, too! Check the website and its menu for starters. Ask to meet delightful Chef Makani who has successfully migrated the fresh health-consciousness of Hawaii to a discriminating Santa Monica.

Jeff C, Chef at Pono Burger, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Thanks so much, Scott! I couldn't be happier to hear how much you and your family have enjoyed our spot—your compliments are truly flattering! We look forward to next time.

All the best,

Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Having enjoyed the delicious burgers and fries at Ultimate Burger in Kona, Hawaii, I eagerly awaited the opening of this location in Santa Monica. Not sure if it would be the same, but to my surprise it was! Wonderful, fresh and delicious! The salted caramel and bacon shake was delightful! The lemonade was prefect! The hamburger is so perfectly prepared that you will want to keep going back for more! My favorite, at both locations, the fries and aioli! I can never get enough and have to stop eating only when I am stuffed! Don't miss it!

Jeff C, chef at Pono Burger, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Fresh, organic, and delicious is just what I like to see describing our food! I appreciate you taking the time to review us and share your experiences. I'll be sure to pass this along to our team. Hopefully we will see you again soon!

Happy Holidays,

Reviewed June 20, 2013

In LA there's a kind of turf war to elect the best burger in town. Well, for me, Pono Burger is the new champion. Whatever burger you choose, the result is outstanding. And, if you are vegetarian, the meatless burger is great too! Besides the staff is at the same level as the food, excellent. So I'll definitely return here. Over and over.

Jeff C, chet at Pono Burger, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Wow—thanks for your kind remarks. Knowing that you think our burgers are the best in Santa Monica truly makes my day. See you next time!

All the best,

Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Yes they're organic and yes they are tasty. I love my pono burguer and my wife went for a meatless one. We also choose the sweet potato fries and everything was really great. Love also the room just outside the store. It was my first contact with hawai. What a tasty one!

Reviewed May 25, 2013

We found a place that has amazing food and is fun and....healthy!?!?
Thank you Pono Burger! We are burger snobs and Pono is the best on the West Side!!
I was afraid that if I posted this we wouldn't be able to get in again with lines out the door....but maybe they'll open more!!!!
LOVED the owner and heard is wife is the wine expert!