“Excellent food, but stick with beer or wine”
Review of Casa Martin

Casa Martin
Ranked #31 of 705 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican, Spanish
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

So, I know if YOU go to a Mexican resaurant it's because YOU want Mexican food. When I go, I want good food and good margaritas. Let me save you some time: you won't find those here. They don't have a hard liquor license. Tried the sangria, but it tasted like I was drinking funeral flowers. Corona was excellent though.
I had the pollo asada, didn't even need the tortillas. So tender and yummy. My friends got some steaming bowls of steak chicken and shrimp with cactus. Don't eat the cactus. But the rest was yummy! And it was by far some of the best guacamole I had while in California. We ordered two large bowls of it. Did not see Dennis Quaid though. :)

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I had the enchilada and chilli relleno combo plate. It was very good. They have a nice big TV up, which was playing sports when I was in. The restaurant is a short walk from the Civic Center, the pier, and the promenade.

I overheard the staff saying the cater was well, which sounds like it would be great for a birthday or other event.

Overall, I was impressed.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

I got the "Mar, Cielo, y Tiera Molcajete" lunch special. It was FANTASTIC! It comes with four kinds of meat in a delicious (but slightly spicy) sauce and some veggies (including cactus), all bubbling. They serve it in a stone bowl that has been in the oven so the whole thing stays hot. I had the corn tortillas (thick, homemade). One order is probably enough to share between two people.
Friendly staff and GREAT food. Looking forward to returning real soon (but can it ever be as good the second time?)

1  Thank blappen
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had a late lunch here on a recent trip.
The food was very good and so was the service and relaxed atmosphere.
There was plenty of options and the food was very resonablily priced for the area.
We shared a chicken quesadillas, beef and chicken soft taco with rice and beans.
Washed down with a white berrie sangria and tecate.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Good food and service combined with reasonable prices made for pleasant casual dining. Several tasty veggie options and fine margaritas. It's not high end but some high end restaurants in their neighborhood could learn a thing or two about friendly service and good value!

1  Thank JRSTravel