“Gluten free options for burger enthusiasts” 4 of 5 bubbles

Burger Lounge
Ranked #33 of 672 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Description: Burger Lounge is centered on creating a burger you can feel better about eating. It begins with 100% fresh single source American grass fed beef. We believe that a hamburger should not only taste great, it should also utilize healthy ingredients produced in a sustainable environment. Burger Lounge offers a simple menu utilizing the mindful procurement of ingredients that appeal to health conscious diners, vegetarians, salad lovers and those simply "hankering for a great hamburger." We take the time to know our growers and producers. These partners share our values of authenticity and simplicity. They care deeply about the quality of their products and environmental stewardship. It means better and more nutritious food for our guests. Our burgers, from The Lounge Burger made with fresh 100% grass-fed beef; to the Free-Range Turkey Burger made with Shelton Farms turkey; to the Organic Quinoa Veggie Burger created from organic quinoa, brown rice, zucchini, garbanzo, carrot, corn, and chipotle; are offered with organic American cheese or organic aged white cheddar, fresh or grilled onion, crisp lettuce, fresh tomato and house-made 1000 Island dressing. Finally, our Lounge Bun, made with a blend of organic wheat and white flour with a hint of molasses delivers the perfect combination of flavor, texture and temperature. You can also enjoy fine dining quality, truly healthy salads. Not your normal "burger joint salads," these formidable and nutritionally robust salads include baby romaine, kale, spinach, arugula, organic quinoa, grilled corn, zucchini, red onion, jicama, tomato and a choice of house-made dressings. Fresh-cut French fries, house-made onion rings, scratch-made dipping sauces and simple desserts round out a perfect menu for any appetite.Since we opened the first Burger Lounge in 2007, we believe that it is about "doing a common thing uncommonly well." As a small but fast growing restaurant organization, we represent a new take on an industry that has long suffered from gimmickry, poor quality, over processed food products and inadequate guest service. We embrace these genuine ideals and mindful environmental practices throughout our organization.Burger Lounge continues to satisfy Southern California diners' and their insatiable appetite for affordable hand-crafted food and superior guest service.
Centreville, Virginia
“Gluten free options for burger enthusiasts”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

Always looking for gluten free options, we discovered this Santa Monica location, one of a chain that originated in San Diego in2006. The burgers are made from organic beef and the seared ahi was perfectly cooked both deliciously surrounded by a gluten free bun for which there was no extra charge. The fries were crisp and non greasy. The line of customers was out the door and the seating was limited, but the service was friendly and the ice tea unlimited.

• Visited January 2014

Manhattan Beach, California
“Not Impressed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Sadly, I was not impressed with this place. With so many burger places in the area, I thought I would try the Burger Lounge to see how it compared. Upon arrival, it seemed more of a fast food place than most others which I was not expecting. The order process was pretty easy, my boyfriend ordered first then I followed asking for a burger in a lettuce wrap instead of a bun. Unfortunately for me, my burger arrived on a bun which I had sent back. When it arrived back at my table, there were two pieces of lettuce on the plate, then the bun, then two more pieces on top. That's not a wrap! The lettuce was flimsy too not the kind you normally get with a burger wrap. There was no way to pick it up so I ended up using a knife and fork. And, they must have reused the patty from the initial plate they gave me because there was just a slight taste of the sauce they normally use. They didn't even bother to add more sauce.

I am always up for trying new places but this place failed in my opinion. There are better burger places out there.

Visited December 2013
Ennis, Ireland
“Best burger for a long time if not ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

This place was a great find, freshly made burger, fries and onion rings. The homemade lemonade was to die for. Will be going back again when next in Santa Monica.

• Visited November 2013
Kuwait City, Kuwait
“Recommend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

I recommend burger lounge any time.. really organic.. good price and best food ever. But I dont like the onion rings that much

Delray Beach, Florida, United States
“Nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

Fresh burgers made on premesis.Great taste one of the best I ever had.Nice service the location offers a view staff is great and friendly.

• Visited October 2013