“A very popular spot with yummy cakes and pastries”

Sweet lady jane santa monica
Ranked #4 of 15 Bakeries in Santa Monica
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Reviewed July 29, 2014

And it's also a nice spot for coffee, breakfast, lunch, or sweets. You'll find a crowd eating here - but there always seem to be tables available. A lot of what they sell is carry out. Over the Christmas holidays there were lines out the door of people picking up cakes and pies. I'm not very much into sweets so I haven't ever had one of their cakes or pies, but I'm told they are fabulous - and they all look beautiful. Everything is made in the shop, and you can see the cakes being decorated. My two favorite items there are the dark chocolate croissants (really fabulous warm in the morning, just out of the oven) and sea salt dark chocolate brownies.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Sweet Lady Jane has been my go-to for birthday cakes for years. I just recently got a triple berry 6 inch (the best) for a birthday this past weekend. They made my experience so easy. I walked right in, they were able to personalize the cake for me in minutes, and walked out with my perfect dessert. I was barely able to get it out of the fridge before people started picking on it! Let's just say there wasn't a crumb left and I wish I went for the larger size. I HIGHLY recommend this spot. Triple Berry is wonderful. Also try the trifles, the Oreo one is yummy.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

Good cake but awful service if you decide to have coffee at the place. I ordered a slice of cake and coffee and the server brought my order and promise to bring me a to-go box that never came...

Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

I've heard about this place for quite some time, and decided to give it a try tonight. Originally, I went on wanting a cupcake, but they were out. So, I ordered a slice of white cake with real raspberries and buttercream. The serving size was gigantic! Had we known, my girlfriend and I would have ordered only one piece and split it. Needless to say, it was delicious...moist, not to sweet, and fluffy. I will definitely go back again. This is a nice place to go after dinner.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

I haven't had good cake in awhile.

Lo and behold, Sweet Lady Jane came along.

Ordered the infamous TRIPLE BERRY CAKE ($7.50).

WOW, the slice was as big as my head.

And I have a big head (no smart-aleck comments, please).

Three people shared it.

BITES and BITES of heavenly berry and white cake bliss.

This will be my go-to cake for EVERYTHING.

Thank you, Sweet Lady Jane.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND.