“Best Bakery on the West Side”

Sweet lady jane santa monica
Ranked #4 of 14 Bakeries in Santa Monica
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Reviewed October 24, 2013

The triple berry cake is amazing. The customer service is always top notch. A bit pricy but well worth it.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

This review is for their desserts.....SO SO delicious that I would never fill up on food when I can eat cake! My favorite is the trifle or ice box cake when it is available. Writing this makes me crave some. I usually stop by and have it to go. The nice staff packs the container so full... it looks kinda ugly, but man it is good! I say it's a great bargain for what you get! All that deliciousness!

Reviewed October 6, 2013

The location is Montana Ave. and 17th Street. A very high end part of Santa Monica. You can wave to the passing tour buses making believe your part of the local scene. (The locals just ignore them) This bakery is a very high end pastry shop serving up tea and cake, pies, brownies,...well just about everything that will make you fat. Beware !!! Just looking in the display case will cause you to gain weight.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

If you are in Santa Monica and are looking for a chocolate indulgence, consider Sweet Lady Jane. The cake that was purchased doubled as an amazing b-day present. I'll always remember the birthday that I spent in Santa Monica.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Montana ave in Santa Monica has a hip eatery every other block. Here are the good points about this place. Good sandwich ( had the tuna), wife had salad which was mostly lettuce , very little other ingredients. Cake was a strawberry berry cake , moist and the size of my arm. Coffee was good, served in a french press.
Service was iffy at best. Coffee, no cream, staff did not ask if I wanted any. Table was not cleared, we had to ask. All the food was served on cake size plates. Not sure why, food overflowed the plate. Server was friendly, but seemed overwhelmed. I have eaten here several times in the past, and they still do not have the service together. This is why I rate it average. This is not a new place, by now they should have figured out how to serve.