“Best Quesadillas I have ever had! ”
Review of Blue Plate Taco

Blue Plate Taco
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Plate Taco is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 682 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
“Best Quesadillas I have ever had! ”
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Fast service, fast food service, delish drinks, fresh food, everything was amazing! The Quessadillas are the best ones I have ever had and I eat Mexican a lot! It was just modern and yummy! Would highly recommend! Clean tidy and great atmosphere!!!

• Korean first
Ellicott City, MD
“Nice Lunch Place”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Some of our family members went there for lunch and found it to be kind of fun. One had the fish tacos, which she liked. All of us had the chicken tortilla soup, which was very good. I also liked the quesadillas, and we all liked the guacamole. Everything we had was pretty good. Our waiter was excellent - very attentive. The only downside was that the music was a little loud and the tables quite close to each other. However, I would still go back again for lunch, and would like to try dinner there as well.

• Visited March 2014
Denver, Colorado
“Great Tacos in LA.”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I grew up in Southern California, so tacos, whether exquisite or off a truck, are a way of life. I'd say these were definitely more on the exquisite side, given the price point and location of the restaurant. However, the quality of the food and margaritas was awesome and the service from my bartender was above expectation. Given the high traffic and touristy area of where BPT is located, I wasn't sure what to expect from the service staff. I was pleasantly surprised and had a good time in the place. Some locals, some U.S. tourists, and some international tourists visited while I was there, so it made for a great vibe. A la carte tacos were about $4 each, and the drinks were over $10 if I recall. I had a Pacifico as well which went great with the Habanero salsa my bartender gifted to me-took the tacos to another level, but it was definitely HOT.
Absolutely worth trying if you're in Santa Monica.

• Visited April 2014
Fishers, Indiana
“Cool and trendy but not worth it!!”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Great vibe but some tacos and a unique Blood orange jalapeno and margarita are NOT worth $100 bucks. The had our Guacamole and chip AND our dinners out all within 5 minutes of ordering. The dinners are very small and not that special. We felt like we just sat down and we had our bill and felt like we were being pushed out shortly thereafter. Not what I had in mind!

Visited April 2014
Oakville, ON Canada
“Fantastic Food”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

My wife and I were heading down to Santa Monica and felt like Mexican. We picked Blue Plate Taco based on their Tripadvisor reviews. We were not disappointed. This was the best Mexican food we've ever had. It was so good we actually went back the next day to try some of the other dishes we hadn't tried yet.

While we didn't try everything on the menu, I would not doubt that you can't go wrong with anything here. My favourite were the brussel sprouts - incredible.

On top of that, the wait staff were extremely friendly and helpful, and you can't beat the location. Absolutely one of the highlights of our trip to LA.

• Visited May 2013