“I want some NOW!”
Review of Blue Plate Taco

Blue Plate Taco
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Plate Taco is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 678 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Latin
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Denver, Colorado
“I want some NOW!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Had the vegetarian tacos. They were delicious. But very very tiny. So in that case- it was a bummer. Margarita was also only about 3 sips. I thought maybe this was a California thing- but all other restaurants I had huge portions. Also had the Mexican chopped salad and it was incredible!!

Visited January 2013

• Korean first
Los Angeles, California
“Great atmosphere”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The food is not as consistent as the original Blue Plate on Montana. We sent back a fish dish. The guacamole was not as flavorful as it could be. The look of the restaurant is great and the service was good the two times i went. The location is fantastic. I think they need to work on the quality of the food though before i will go back. (I'm a local).

• Visited November 2012
Milwaukee, WI
“Excellent food, healthy & fresh”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I were staying nearby and were looking for a healthy meal option. Blue Plate has smaller, healthier portions that are packed with flavor. The Mexican chop salad is amazing: it has a cilantro lime dressing, green beans, kale, romaine, grilled corn, grilled cauliflower, quinoa and so much more. I had the fish tacos with slaw. We loved the food so much for dinner that we came back for lunch the next day! If I was a local I would come here all the time.

• Visited January 2013
Akron, Ohio
“Excellent Food, Smaller Portions, Great Location”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I popped into Blue Plate Taco last night because I am staying at the neighboring Shore Hotel. The appearance of the restaurant is very good, cool, hip, casual atmosphere. I was alone, so I sat at the counter - which is practically in the kitchen area so I could see everything the cooks were doing. Pleasantly, the food was all very fresh and well prepared. The flavors, and ingredients were wonderful. I had the Tilapia tacos. The flavor of the food itself was all very good, no disappointment at all. However, the portion side might leave something to be desired. The 2 tacos that come with the meal, were on very small taco shells, maybe 4-5". And the amount of fish in them was also very small. It tasted GREAT, but there just wasn't a lot of food. I could have literally eaten probably like 5 of those mini tacos, but the meal only came with 2. The cabbage slaw was great, very distinct flavor, I don't think i've had anything like it anywhere else. My one big complaint was with my waiter. I'm not going to slam the whole establishment, for the actions of one waiter, but this guy was seriously the worst waiter I've had in recent memory. My glass sat empty for essentially my entire meal, literally, probably 15 minutes. Meanwhile, he walked past my table probably 10 times (literally), and never asked how i was doing, or if i needed anything. He never brought me the chips and salsa i ordered. As it turned out, 2 OTHER servers ended up serving me more than my actual waiter. I'm sure the other servers are probably fine, but mine was awful. I would eat here again though, i would just order more food, lol.

• Visited January 2013
Los Angeles, California
“BLUE PLATE TACO”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

(I'm a local) - This review is ONLY for BLUE PLATE TACO Restaurant, NOT for the very nice Shore Hotel. Blue Plate Taco is a new upscale mexican restaurant located in the Shore Hotel on beautiful Ocean Avenue in Santa Monica. It has great views of Palisades Park. Unfortunately, the food is EXTREMELY disappointing. For $10 you get two micro tacos and a micro portion of beans or rice. Rice and beans should ALWAYS be served together, not separate. You can decide whether to have the beans OR the rice, but if you want both you will have to pay $6 for a puny, micro portion.
The two amoeba sized tacos look more like an appetizer than a full meal, and they aren't even that tasty. So prepare to order LOTS of food to get full. Not a restaurant for hungry men.