“I would move to CA for this!”
Review of Hummus Bar Express

Hummus Bar Express
Ranked #72 of 713 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Reviewed June 19, 2014

By far and without question the best hummus I have ever eaten. How can hummus be so exciting? I don't even know - but it was smooth and tasty and I even purchased a pint to go. I had it with the chicken which was also the most tender chicken I've ever eaten. Service was wonderful, the people were nice, food delicious - on the promenade on 3rd street in Santa Monica I found absolute heaven in a hummus joint!

Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is on the Promenade in Santa Monica and has seating at high tables with stools in the front and lower tables in the rear. One orders at the counter and the meal is brought. I had a pita (the bread is delicious) with beef and sweet potato soup. My one mistake when it came to what went into the sandwich was to let them choose. They chose French fries which I don't think belong in a Midwestern sandwich. I had Arnold Palmer tea which turned out to be a combination of ice tea and lemonade. The bill without tip was $18.00.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

This fast-food joint provides great mediterreneans meals. Meals are prepared upon ordering so after a brief wait, you receive your meal. I've eaten inside though I normally take it to go. My favorite is the chicken shawarma plate with veggie rice and the garden salad.

1  Thank Marvin B
Reviewed December 30, 2013

The food we ordered was all authentic and delicious. The hummus was so much better and more authentic than supermarket hummus. The falafel very good but I would never put French Fries in a falafal sandwich. Tahini excellent. Arab bread beyond good. Israeli salad is the salsa of the Middle East. Fresh and good. Shwarma good but not like Arabia. Too dry - but good flavor. Wish they had the lamb shwarma's like in Arabia with the good pickles. The vegetarian rice was my favorite and would make a nice dinner. Spices were good. Mashed potatoes unusual - we never had those in Arabia but maybe they do in Israel. I would eat there again as it was a nice treat. I would probably skip the chicken and would order a falafal sandwich with trimmings.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

We were in Santa Monica for a brief trip. I cruised the 3rd street promenade to look for lunch places and saw the Hummus Bar Express and people eating great looking food. We ate there twice during our stay. We tried the veggie plate, the falafel sandwich and the falafel plate. All were excellent. A nice touch is when you order water, they bring it to you in a refreshing tall glass with ice. No self service from a machine.
You can eat inside at low tables in the back, at the higher tables in the front of the restaurant or outside by the sidewalk.
This place is terrific and we will eat there again, perhaps trying the meat dishes on our return. They also deliver and you can order online via Facebook, iPhone app or the web.

1  Thank franB479