“Great addition to Promenade”
Review of Hummus Bar Express

Hummus Bar Express
Ranked #83 of 682 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Los Angeles
“Great addition to Promenade”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

A few tweaks still need to be worked out, but the food is yummy. I've had the chicken plate (curry flavored) and wasn't a big fan of that. But on my second trip I tried the beef laffa. It was divine! Complaint about that was that it was missing an ingredient. I ordered onions inside and I didn't get that, but my friend seemed to have gotten double. Maybe a bit more training or time is needed. Either way, will definitely be back. Can't wait for their online ordering is up and running.

Visited January 2013

• Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
Perth, Australia
“Easy choice for a quick lunch”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

When you are visiting Santa Monica include Hummus Bar Express on your list. The food is fresh, served quickly and great value. The hummus plate with mushrooms and pita bread, with the side salad is a winner!

• Visited January 2013
Hermosa Beach, CA
“A BAD copy of their Tarzana place”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

they have such a good place in Tarzana, and then they open this one which is a water down version , more touristy and not as good .

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank PabsKuch
Maryville, Tennessee
“Good food, high prices”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

The staff was very helpful and explained the menu well, including the items I had never heard of. I was curious about a sauce, and they gave me a sample. The food was good, but I have had equally good food and paid less...it was $40 for two people, which is rather expensive for a casual/semi-self-service restaurant. I liked the decor and location of the restaurant.

• Visited November 2012
New York City
“Excellent Fast Food at Somewhat High Prices”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I agree with the last reviewer that the prices are high; but, so is the quality of the food. More than you expect from your usual hummus/schwarma place. Actually, one of the best schwarma sandwiches I've ever had. Staff was great; cashier made a mistake and overcharged me, I didn't notice, and they came over and pointed it out to me, gave me the refund. A healthy and quick place for a bite.

• Visited December 2012