“Whenever I get sick or need...”

Fromin's Delicatessen
Ranked #145 of 689 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cuisines: American, Diner, Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Malibu, California
“Whenever I get sick or need...”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Whenever someone in the family gets sick or needs comfort food, Fromin's has the best Matzo ball soup on the westside...Maybe anywhere in CA. Balls as big as your fist with noodles and broth. Add a little rye bread and skip your doc/urgent care visit. This is real medicine.

Of course, its' also just good for your soul and as comfort food!

Visited June 2014

Maynard, Massachusetts
“Breakfast on the menu”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Perfect place to get a hearty breakfast or brunch. Nice selection of breakfast foods (and deli items too). Food was prepared quickly and delivered quickly to our table by our very friendly waiter. Food was hot and very tasty. We were stuffed by the time we finished the food on our plates, but we were not rushed so it was nice to relax.

• Visited May 2014
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Great Jewish Style Food”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Not a romantic night out place, but if you like Jewish Style food then this is where to go in the LA area. Enormous variety, vast portions and good taste and value. Friendly staff add to the atmosphere, as do the overhead TVs showing muted sports programmes. The sound de jour on the day we went was Turkey Vegetable, so how could I resist it, but only a cup, as I had been before and knew what was coming, my corned beef on rye sandwich, a full three inches high! My wife tried the Matzo ball chicken soup and a salad with three scouts, one each of chopped liver, turkey salad and egg salad. To my taste it need salt, but then so did my Booba's! We were in and out in under an hour, as I said, it's not elegant but it sure is good. Try it.

• Visited May 2014
La Canada Flintridge, California
“Lunch for two $55??”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I have eaten in delis all my life, in Chicago, New York, and Los Angeles. Fromin's disappointed big time. The meager amount of corned beef was dry, as were the slices of rye bread. The kishke was bland and tastless. The coffee cake tasted like a piece of bread with sugar on it. All in all, this restaurant did not come up to the standards of other Los Angeles area delicatessens. Worst of all, the bill was a whopping $55. Too much to pay for a less than memorable meal.

• Visited February 2014
Los Angeles, California
“When I'm in the mood 4 a great sandwich”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I eat here w/my friends and out-of-town guests when we can not make it to Canters Deli. I love their sandwiches, pickles and desserts.

Visited December 2013