“Sunkissed Mexican”

Mariasol Cocina Mexicana
Ranked #101 of 719 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located at the very end of the picturesque Santa Monica Pier, Mariasol serves mouthwatering Mexican fare reminiscent of that found in the Mexican beach towns of Cabo San Lucas and Puerto Vallarta. Visitors enjoy the vivacious colors of the patios and the decor of a true Baja Cantina. Mariasol's use of distinctive sauces, flavorful peppers and fresh fish make this cuisine a favorite among food lovers. Lunch and dinner are served daily.
Reviewed April 27, 2014

A delightful location to have classic Mexican dishes. The ambiance was inviting and the servers were very friendly and attentive. The table side preparation of guacamole was done with a flair.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

My boyfriend & I had lunch there,chips stale food not good drinks were ok.we got our bill paid it while we are waiting our bank calls us stating we used a certain amount there which was not true. We ask the manager why would this charge be there but no one knew. Very upset and I strongly suggest you don't eat at this place!! Santa Monica pier is beautiful. Just eat some where else on the pier!!

3  Thank OliverDani13
Reviewed April 6, 2014

At the end of the Santa Monica Pier I expected a tourist trap, and was delightfully surprised to find people who care about pleasing their customers. The salsa tasted and looked home made, and I was pleased that the chips were crispy considering the salt air from being over the ocean. The views are magnificent, and no extra charge. Also free, is a photo taken at your table and made into a postcard. Of course if you want to purchase a larger version that is extra. They even gave us complementary delicious mexican wedding cookies at the end of the meal.

1  Thank TheMaven2u
Reviewed April 2, 2014

This was my first meal from my visit to California. I loved the environment that this restaurant had to offer. The staff was amazing. My server, Enrique, did a superb job at making my experience one of the best. I ordered the carne asada and it was one of the best meals I have ever had. Visit this restaurant if you ever get the chance and ask for Enrique as your server.

1  Thank wd625
Reviewed March 29, 2014

We just had nachos and drinks. One serving of nachos was big enough to feed the two of us lunch. Wonderful nachos, very fresh salsa, generous with the cheese. The guacamole was the star, and we ordered extra not because we didn't have enough food, but just because it was so darn good.
It's a busy place, bustling atmosphere, and there's likely to be a wait for a table. Either stop by early, get your name on the list, and then go walk the pier for a while, or settle in at the bar for a drink and some chips while you wait.