“Nice people, good food and a perfect view”

Mariasol Cocina Mexicana
Ranked #65 of 689 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Located at the very end of the picturesque Santa Monica Pier, Mariasol serves mouthwatering Mexican fare reminiscent of that found in the Mexican beach towns of Cabo San Lucas and Puerto Vallarta. Visitors enjoy the vivacious colors of the patios and the decor of a true Baja Cantina. Mariasol's use of distinctive sauces, flavorful peppers and fresh fish make this cuisine a favorite among food lovers. Lunch and dinner are served daily.
Pensacola, Florida
“Nice people, good food and a perfect view”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

At the end of the Santa Monica Pier I expected a tourist trap, and was delightfully surprised to find people who care about pleasing their customers. The salsa tasted and looked home made, and I was pleased that the chips were crispy considering the salt air from being over the ocean. The views are magnificent, and no extra charge. Also free, is a photo taken at your table and made into a postcard. Of course if you want to purchase a larger version that is extra. They even gave us complementary delicious mexican wedding cookies at the end of the meal.

1 Thank TheMaven2u

• Arabic first
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Meal at the Santa Monica Pier”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

This was my first meal from my visit to California. I loved the environment that this restaurant had to offer. The staff was amazing. My server, Enrique, did a superb job at making my experience one of the best. I ordered the carne asada and it was one of the best meals I have ever had. Visit this restaurant if you ever get the chance and ask for Enrique as your server.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank wd625
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Get the guacamole”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

We just had nachos and drinks. One serving of nachos was big enough to feed the two of us lunch. Wonderful nachos, very fresh salsa, generous with the cheese. The guacamole was the star, and we ordered extra not because we didn't have enough food, but just because it was so darn good.
It's a busy place, bustling atmosphere, and there's likely to be a wait for a table. Either stop by early, get your name on the list, and then go walk the pier for a while, or settle in at the bar for a drink and some chips while you wait.

• Visited March 2014
Los Angeles, California
“Don't waste your time”
Reviewed March 25, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

we wait one hour to be seated, to to long for average food, I was very disappointed ..... never again......

2 Thank luminita s
ontario
“second visit this time with teenagers not the same”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I have been here before about 3 years ago and we enjoyed it then had a nice cocktail on the patio and they come and take your picture, with the option to buy a larger version. I noticed while the service was still very good we were invisible...in the sense that nobody took our picture (which I would have purchased if they did) and that we were treated different.... we enjoyed our meals, the food was good, the service was good I just felt that I was treated differently last time when my kids (18 and 15) were not with me....