“Great location; average food”

Mariasol Cocina Mexicana
Ranked #48 of 705 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located at the very end of the picturesque Santa Monica Pier, Mariasol serves mouthwatering Mexican fare reminiscent of that found in the Mexican beach towns of Cabo San Lucas and Puerto Vallarta. Visitors enjoy the vivacious colors of the patios and the decor of a true Baja Cantina. Mariasol's use of distinctive sauces, flavorful peppers and fresh fish make this cuisine a favorite among food lovers. Lunch and dinner are served daily.
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Being from Phoenix, we LOVE Mexican food. What this restaurant lacks in food pizzazz, it makes up with a great location at the end of the Santa Monica pier. Other than that, there's just nothing that stands out about this place. Even the chips and salsa are lackluster compared to what we're used to in Phoenix (and it's hard to mess up chips and salsa). The biggest novelty was the open "port hole" through which you can see the ocean. The kids thought that was pretty neat, and I have to admit, I did, too!

Great service ~ just explore other options!

Reviewed April 25, 2012

The location is superb, we sat on the heated patio with a great view of the ocean - downside the patio was infested with pigeons and the staff did little to get rid of them. The food was average but for the price it was satisfactory. The staff at the door and within the restaurant were great, but our waitress was horrible. Our waitress never cracked a smile or said a word to us. She basically would come to the table and just look at us. I had to ask for water 3 times (I only received the 3rd time asking because I decided to ask the manager for it). As soon as we finished our dinner she brought us the bill again without saying a word or asking if we wanted anything else, dessert another drink??? The restaurant overall is good, I think we just got the wrong waitress, the rest of the staff seemed very pleasant.

Reviewed April 23, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I went here for dinner, all was average, service was lacking on refill and service time. Most likely would not return due to other places available to try.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

My wife and I ate dinner here in April. Service was great. The ceviche was not so good, zero heat and the fish was cut up into very small pieces.

Nacho chips and margaritas were good, as was the buritto. Servings we're quite large so we split the buritto main course.

Reviewed April 4, 2012

Stopped for a quick bite and drinks while the kids played on the pier. Sat out back on the deck overlooking the ocean. Food was decent and drinks were good but the location at the end of the pier, in the sun, over the ocean, is why you will have a smile on your face.