“Just your average Thai with less than average service”
Review of Bangkok West Thai

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Cross street: 6th Street
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We went for dinner with a 9:00 reservation (made through their website) and they shouldn't take reservations that late if they don't want to stay open.....we were told we had to "order right away as the kitchen was closing in 15 minutes" shortly after we sat down....and our dinners came out 3 minutes after our appetizers ....also, the waitstaff was curt and annoyed that we took 10 minutes to look over the menu.....and, yet the food was mushy and over-cooked.....like it had been re-heated.....we eat a lot of Thai food and would not recommend going here...understand why the place was half empty while, in contrast, the restaurant next door (Tar & Roses) was totally jammed at 9pm.

There are newer reviews for Bangkok West Thai

Reviewed June 13, 2013

This newish looking place lacks a little in the way of traditional Thai atmosphere but the food was very good indeed. The main complaint I would have is that the waiting staff are over attentive and are lacking in the basics of waiting etiquette. For example they brought the main course whilst we were still eating/drinking our way through an enormous bowl of shared soup and they removed my partners main course plate before I had finished mine. These sort of things annoy me so hopefully the manager will read this and act accordingly. Took the edge off slightly and we had to go to the till to pay as we had waited ten minutes already for the waitress to collect my payment.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I can honestly comment on the service and food and it was all 100%. Unlike Doctor Dubious we checked with them what time they stopped cooking before we sat down. You can't expect to walk into a restaurant when they are due to close in 20mins and expect to be served a meal. The staff were very friendly and the food was excellent. Next time we are back in LA we will definitely eat there again. Sorry I didn't get your names but thanks guys for a great night.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I can only honestly comment on the service level and overall, as I actually didn't get served any food. I walked in to the restaurant at 9:40 pm as their posted hours of operation was stated as 10 pm. The hostess said "so sorry, we are closed ". Whether it is the operating policy of the venue, a whim of the hostess or the crew just wanted to leave early, the effect on me was the same: I would not return to a venue at which this occurs!
What else is the management missing, dirty dishes? Unsafe food handling?

Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

I went there on 7th February for dinner with my family. We were in a party of four. We tried wonderful dishes and the waitress helped a lot!!! The price is fine and it is a good Thai experience!! Go there!