“Great service wonderful staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

George's Bistro
Ranked #275 of 672 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cuisines: Italian, American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Farmington Hills, Michigan, United States
“Great service wonderful staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

This is an excellent place to have lunch. I had the creamy broccoli soup and it was excellent. This restaurant is very clean and it was a huge portion. Extremely flavorful food slower service but they prepare it so nicely.

Great outdoor seating and my order came with homemade bread which made for a wonderful compliment. The waiter was very friendly. Average pricing nothing too expensive well worth the trip.

I would eat there again,

• Visited November 2013

Los Angeles
“Slow as molasses service, and even worse food.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This is a small spot off on 3rd Street promonade. The menu temped us to give it a try. I ordered a pasta dish … and after a very, very long time, it finally came out. I'm not kidding when I say that it had POOLS of butter/oil and the sauce was so thick. Honestly, in Santa Monica (somewhat health conscious place), I was shocked. The noodles were drowning in a thick layer of sauce. I couldn't get the waiter's attention, so I tried using my napkin to soak up the oil and I still couldn't get it out. To their credit, when I FINALLY found the waiter and he FINALLY brought our bill, my dish was taken off.

Visited August 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
“plenty of atmosphere sat outside with street entertainment”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

enjoyed our evening here. sat ouside. good quality food, served quickly and in a friendly manner. plenty of choice on the menu. almost couldn't finish it so much on plate. we sat outside and had the benefit of several really good street entertainers playing music on the sidewalk. would certainly go again.

• Visited August 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Not too bad...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

Our first night in Santa Monica (and the USA) and just looking for somewhere to have dinner. Being from Australia we had been warned about the large servings so ordered a couple of entrees to share and a salad. We had a couple of beers and a glass of wine. We both enjoyed our meal. The service was friendly and quick and the price about $60 plus taxes & gratuity.

• Visited April 2013
Tennessee
“Friendly Service & Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is on the Third Street Promenade, which is not exactly a place to go for the best food in Santa Monica. Which is exactly why we were so surprised by our meal which was very tasty. I ordered the chicken marsala and my hubby ordered a pasta dish. Both were very good and filling. Our waiter was very friendly and attentive, and we enjoyed our conversation with him.

• Visited April 2013