“Good food, good people watching”
Review of George's Bistro

George's Bistro
Ranked #355 of 699 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Located on the Promenade, this small bistro is a quaint stop. Really nice menu for a range of tastes. We had Caesar salad, steak and scampi. Good sized portions and excellent service. Will definitely return.

1  Thank AndreaM2011

Reviewed March 18, 2012

I like this place, it is small cafe type of restaurant with a great location to see people walking by, food is reasonable.

Reviewed January 23, 2012

We found this retaurant as we strolled through the mall on our first night in LA. The menu has a great range and each day there is a daily special each day. The meals are big in size making them great value. The service is excellent - simply a great restaurant and would recommend anyone staying in Santa Monica or there for dinner - definitely take a stroll through the mall and you will find a hidden gem.

Reviewed October 19, 2011

We happened upon this restaurant while strolling the promenade. the lunch special was 8.95 which included an entree and soup or salad. The caesar salad was the best I ever had! it was served only slightly chilled with a delicate dressing and shaved parmesan. My husband had the split pea soup with homemade croutons; it was delicious. However, the beef ravioli with t he pomodoro sauce was light without without being soggy, with a creamy beef filling was outstanding! The service was warm and friendly without being intrusive.

Reviewed October 16, 2011

My friend and I were in LA for 3 days, staying on Marina Del Rey. We went into Santa Monica each day and decided to try George's as I am a vegetarian and they had a good selection of options. I had the warm pear and goats cheese salad, my friend had the Greek salad and both were excellent! We decided to go back each day we were staying there as it wasn't too expensive, and the food and service were excellent. We had the same waiter each time, he remembered us and our orders.

I strongly recommend this restaurant.