“First timer”

$155.00*
Santa Monica Private Surf Lesson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We teach children, teens and adults. Gain lifelong positive memories, friends and surfing skills. We welcome visitors and locals of all levels from first time beginners to advanced. Our instructors are certified in cpr, first aid, lifeguarding, safety and hired based on their ability and passion to teach.
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Staying near the pier in Santa Monica gives you many alternatives when it comes to spending your time. People watching is world class, and the city has much to do.....but a very short walk affords you the opportunity to surf in the Pacific. I selected a morning 2 hour lesson knowing that surfing was hard having tried it years ago by myself. This time, I booked a lesson and was paired with Jackson, a twenty year old who looked the part of the quintessential surfer dude. He stayed in the surf the entire two hours with me after teaching me the basics on the sand. By the end of the lesson, I was able to get up and ride waves to shore. Jackson advised, assisted, and facilitated my experience from start to finish and I have nothing but rave reviews for Aqua Surf. Since the lesson, I have been dealing with soreness in areas I didn't know I had! Hope to replay the experience in the future...now I have the basics!

1  Thank Splitap

Reviewed June 28, 2014

My friend and I were looking to surf in LA, she was a complete beginner and I had gone once before. We chose aqua surf because they had a lot of locations on the beaches and broke down the beaches by type.

We chose one of the "easier" sand bottom beaches, santa monica. The morning we were supposed to surf, it was kinda overcast and cloudy, so we were able to switch our lesson to another sunny day! Out instructor Ale was very patient with us, even when we put the wetsuits on backward. He took us out individually and let us practice on our own. The waves got a little rough, so he had us take a break on the beach while he got the next lesson ready and then took us back out for a last ride!

Reviewed June 23, 2014

We had a great time with our Ali, our surfing instructor today! I am so glad we booked a 2-hour session. It was the right amount of time for us to get the hang of it. He did a great jobs training me and our sons, ages 15 and 12. We learned surfing is a fun challenge.

I am recommending your school to friends who travel and want this kind of adventure. Ali taught us the basics; the waves weren't too rough; and it was a beautiful day.

Thanks for helping us ride the waves!

Kira Harrell
Ashburn, VA

Reviewed June 10, 2014

I was very apprehensive about finding a 'safe' surf school. It only takes one minute for something to go wrong. After much research, I decided on Aqua Surf. When I met the instructors and saw how they stayed with the kids I was sold. The final thumbs up came from my son. He couldn't wait to get there (even when it was cold) and never wanted to leave. He 'buddied' up with one of the coaches and had a great time. This (summer 2014) is our second year and I'm sure it won't be the last.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

My kids (8 & 10) adore Aqua Surf School and can't wait to return for 6+ weeks this summer. The instruction is fantastic (both kids have turned into great surfers), the counselors are sweet, friendly, attentive and fun (my kids ADORE them), the adult/child ratio makes me feel very comfortable, and best of all my kids have a really great time, in and out of the water. We love this camp (and Allen, Josh, Zach, Pedro, David, Kwanti, and Orly!)