“It's closing down”

Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“It's closing down”
Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

We went there as it looked half decent, and that's all it was.
We overheard that it is closing down because the lease has run out, and that seems to have infected the staff with a who cares attitude.
Shame because I'm sure it would have been much better in its prime.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Jimwatson52

“Breakfast in Main Road, santa Monica”
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Quaint little restaurant with beautiful wooden setting! Stunning pictures dating back to 1925! Food portions to die for! Delightfully prepared and Delicious! Marcel had the sexy omelette.... Not good for my heart when I am dieting. Exquisite in every sense!!!!

Minneapolis
“Overrated”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I expect more from a restaurant that rates in the top ten percent in Santa Monica, California. I went here very early on a beautiful fall morning after a walk on the beach. There was nothing special, other than the large size, about the omelette, or the tomatoes, ham or cheese I had in it. The orange juice didn’t have the taste of truly fresh squeezed, and the wheat English muffin was nothing to give up toast for. The service was not at all friendly either. When you have enjoyed the best meal of the day, breakfast, at a place like Mama’s on Washington Square in San Francisco, there is no way you can rate the breakfast at the Omelette Parlor as excellent or even very good. Enjoy a Santa Monica walk on Main Street, or along the beach, as it may be the best part of going for breakfast at this eatery.

Visited November 2013
“Best breakfast in Santa Monica!”
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

We stayed four days in Santa Monica and we had four excellent breakfasts here! Lovely place, very nice, clean and the outdoor patio was very beautiful! The stuff is very friendly.

1 Thank Kamila S
Anchorage, Alaska
“Good food but service just ok”
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

I didn't realize there are 2 doors so I went thru the one with the bar and sat at a table at the end of the bar not realizing there was a whole other dining area to choose from. Apparently the end of the bar is also where all the employees eat too as there were 3 there when I sat down. The person behind the bar didn't great me although I only had to wait a few moments for a server to arrive. I got coffee to start and promptly tipped it over because the table was so unbalanced. I ordered the eggs Benedict and it was delivered promptly and was tasty. The eggs were done perfectly and the sauce was very good. The English muffin however was cold. All in all it's a nice place to stop in but I felt like I was inconsequential by the staff.

• Visited November 2013