“Yummy, authentic Mexican food”
Review of Holy Guacamole

Holy Guacamole
Ranked #140 of 694 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cuisines: Mexican
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We felt fortunate to find this little place while walking around Santa Monica! We are Mexican food lovers, and this place was fantastic! It's nothing fancy, but perfect for a casual lunch. Delish

There are newer reviews for Holy Guacamole

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Not really a place to hang out and eat, but so what. Main street and the beach are minutes away so I take it to go. I love the chix and pork tacos the best and my wife says the burritos are good. Sometimes you have to wait 10 minutes for your food but whatever. I love this place for tacos, far better than most places within 5 miles.

Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

I love this place!!! They have great house made salsa and chips. The food is super fresh too. Tacos are street style and the burritos are filled with marinaded meat, rice and beans. They will also specialty make items for you, but don't forget a tip as courtesy. Next time Heidi is in LA, I will see to it she goes there.

Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

Very happy with the super burrito and my friends are also happy with many of the items offered there, service is quick and corteus, good location.

Reviewed October 27, 2009

I live within walking distance of this place, so when I need to rock a taco, this is the only option within a 15 minute walk. (The Lula a few doors down doesn't count.)

Most of the choices on the menu aren't very good. In general, the meats are dry and tasteless, and the tacos are expensive. (Aren't taco shacks supposed to be cheap?)

However, the al pastor is an acceptable choice. The meat has a little flavor and is usually well cooked. They are served piping hot and--in my experience--taste better when you eat them there (vs. take out).

I begrudging return here, but only when I'm really hungry and in serious need of a taco. Under these circumstances, the al pastor actually tastes good, and I don't mind paying $20 to feed two people with mediocre food.