“One of the best raw food restaurants, but beware of the excitotoxins”
Review of Raw - CLOSED

Raw
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating
garybenton@gmail.com
“One of the best raw food restaurants, but beware of the excitotoxins”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We've been to nearly all the raw food restaurants on the west coast. One of our favorites is Juliano's Planet Raw in Santa Monica. We've probably been there 25 times at least over the last two or three years. It's one of the best raw food restaurants we've been to. My main concern is that they use excitotoxins.

I'm very sensitive to excitotoxins. I you want to learn more, go to youtube and search for Dr. Russell Blaylock and excitotoxins. He's a neurosurgeon and the leading authority. Excitotoxins are directly implicated in alzheimers, parkinsons, and other chronic neurological degenerative diseases. Excitotoxins kill brain cells, and I really feel terrible when I get them. I'm much more sensitive than most people. Some places where excitotoxins hide in raw food are nama shoyu, braggs liquid aminos, and coconut aminos.

Planet Raw uses some of these in several of their dishes, so I have to be very careful when I eat there. I don't know if Juliano and his staff are aware of the dangers of excitotoxins. I just emailed this message to them. I'll update this review if any positive changes come to my attention.

• Visited August 2012