“Amazing”

Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Visited as a family on Friday 14th March, very good menu with many interesting and varied choices. My teenagers voted the ribs as the best ever and the vegetarian entree I had was excellent.

1  Thank Peter L

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Very nice room, well located a block from Ocean Avenue and the third Street Promenade. Great menu selection, but most of all terrific service

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Having gone out to meet our friends for a nice dinner in Santa Monica, we had our evening ambushed by the manager of the Hillstone Restaurant, especially since we don't get to see each other often., But when being directed to our table the Saturday night manager commanded me to take off my fashionable woolen hat in the dining room. She behaved as if this was her sole priority rather than assuring us we would have a lovely evening with quality food and service. Usually being bald in a nice restaurant is a place of recovered comfort on a cold evening near the beach. However, after complying with the manager’s command, I found the air conditioning was blowing on my head which became increasingly uncomfortable. I replaced my hat to avoid being chilled. With the return of my comfort, I continued eating my meal. However, the manager, Hillstone’s version of Nurse Ratched”, returned to enforce the corporation’s dated policy. I told her about my extreme discomfort and my concern for my health. She told me she would 'look into the air conditioner blowing', but still demanded I take off my hat. The illogic of her response caused our conversation to become more unpleasant. I told her we would, therefore, take our bill. I felt bad for my friends and especially our servers since they were efficient, pleasant, and even sympathetic to our corporately concocted conflict. “They deserved a good tip”. However, I, also, have a tip for Hillstone’s. It is beyond all credulity that the corporation's managerial inhospitality is justified by prioritizing an antiqued policy of etiquette. Wake up Hillstone's, and treat your bald men's comfort and health as you would anyone else's with a head on their shoulders.
P.S. The response I got from your corporate spokesperson, barely showed anymore in sight or concern about a policy that is like old food. It should be thrown out since its totally 'gone bad'.

1  Thank InglebevGuy
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We came for dinner at 6 pm on a Thursday and was seated upstairs in a nice booth. We started with the grilled artichokes which were perfectly grilled accompanied with a delicious aioli. Then we ordered the Hawaiian Ribeye steak and the Rainbow Roll and Nigiri plate. The sushi was delicious! You can definitely tell that the fish was fresh. The ribeye steak was perfectly cooked and very flavorful. The steak came with a loaded baked potato, but I opted for a plain baked potato. For dessert, we shared the Apple Walnut Cobbler ala mode. A very refreshing way to end a very delicious meal.

Our server Chris was friendly and efficient. She was attentive and made sure we were enjoying ourselves. I definitely recommend Hillstone!

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Nice "trendy" place to Eat... Ok, you wait 15 min even If you booked a table but it worth it.. Amayzing artichokes grilled and the Chicken Breast with its roots was just wow... To be challenged with the one of the Riviera in Palm Springs... Well done guyzzz