“An excellent night...”

Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Melbourne, Australia
“An excellent night...”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Went with another couple we met whilst on holiday to Santa Monica. It was a very pleasant meal. Even though we made a reservation, we still had to wait for 5 - 10 minutes. It was hard to get a drink at the bar as they had people seated there. Michael our waiter was excellent - always there when we needed him and not when we didn't. We had two servings of ribs and 2 of the Hawaiian steak. The ribs were fantastic. Following a fine main meal, we shared a hot fudge sundae. There were also the wine and drinks, which were reasonably done.

• Visited April 2013

• Turkish first
Glencoe, Illinois
“Fabulous! Most un-chain like chain restaurant ever...”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

The Hillstone folks know how to run a restaurant. Lovely space (formerly Houston's, by the same owners); impeccable service and every menu item is a gem. We've been there several times and look forward to each trip. Greatest item: the artichoke appetizer. I N C R E D I B L E.

Visited March 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Oustanding food and service”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Walked in off the street and was delightfully surprised by the ambiance, great service, and outstanding food. The service was very professional and impressive. My wait staff person (Julie B) was very orderly and knew how to properly service a table without bothering you, yet knowing when to stop by. The wait staff have very good timing.
The meal was professionally prepared and not your typical microwave a premade meal in a plastic bag and throw it on a plate type of establishment. The food was very high quality and exceptionally tasteful.
I was especially impressed with the linen napkin. It is one of the fewest establishments in the USA that has a button cutout to hand the napkin off a shirt. I gracefully told my wait staff person that the napkin may disappear because it is nostalgic and classic.

• Visited April 2013
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
“Yum!”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Really great food, nice atmosphere and overall a great experience. This is a Houstons essentially so if you like Houstons, you'll like Hillstone.

Visited March 2013
“Can't go wrong dinner”
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I met a friend here for dinner. What a wonderful experience! I am pretty picky about my steak but decided to go with the Hawaiian ribeye...wow! Great flavor and cooked nearly perfect. I ordered it medium but it was pushin the medium-rare end...I didn't say a word and ate the whole thing. My wife had the crab cakes and was very impressed that it was mostly crab. She loved them! To top it off, we split a brownie dessert, again it tasted great! ...walk the beach or the 3rd Street promenade and eat here.. ..we'll be back.

1 Thank TravelIsAsTravelDoes