“Not expecting to find good ribs in LA”

Hillstone Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 694 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great ribs. Good sushi. Good service. Good value. Split the brownie for dessert! A nice surprise This place was recommended to us by another top restaurant

1  Thank chessie333
There are newer reviews for Hillstone Restaurant

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Ate here with three colleagues and enjoyed great food and service. I had crab cakes and they wre fresh, tasty and filling. Coworkers all had steaks and said they were prepared to their likings ad were very flavorfull. We came on a Saturday evening and did not have reservations. Wait was approx. 45 mins.

1  Thank sara1146
Reviewed October 23, 2012

It is one of the best restaurants I have ever eat! All was perfect, the food, the wine everything! And the prices are very good for restaurant in us! I will go again!!

Reviewed October 20, 2012

I've been to Hillstones close to a hundred times over the years. It's my favorite restaurant by far. The service is ALWAYS great. The quality of the food is exceptional and the ambiance is very nice. They don't take reservations so you may have to wait for 40 minutes at night but squeeze into the bar and order a drink from the very friendly bartenders. They make great martini's. My favorite entre to order is the center cut steak. The steak thai salad is a little lighter and also very good. Like I said earlier the atmosphere of the place is great. My only complaint and not about the restaurant itself is that women tend to dress up a little bit and look great while the men due to the Santa Monica vibe tend to dress like slobs... t-shirts and flip flops. Suck it up guys and try to at least not embarrass your girlfriends/wives. Try on some shoes at least. Anyway, go to Hillstones if you haven't already. It's a sure thing in Santa Monica.

3  Thank hampdenLosAngeles
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I am not a fan of chains and really try to avoid them on vacation as I like to explore local places. But, Hillstone (formerly Houston's) is one of my favorites and has been for well over a decade. We have a couple here in Phoenix and when I'm traveling I know it's a sure bet to find something good to eat. Their veggie burger is the best I've ever had. Even my meat-eater husband prefers their veggie burger to a standard hamburger. They also have great salads, great sides, and a nice wine list.