“Great salads, upscale venue, wonderful service!”
Review of Cafe Montana - CLOSED

Cafe Montana
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Cross street: 16th St.
Description: Busy and bustling three meals a day, Santa Monica's CAFE MONTANA is that rare restaurant that's simultaneously casual and upscale, making it a top choice for planned special occasions or impromptu social gatherings.the menu appeals to all palates by offering a balanced selections of salads, pasta dishes, meats and seafood. Innovative daily specials keep the menu novel and tempting. Carefully selected wine offerings perfectly compliment the entire menu.an open kitchen, white tablecloth-decked tables, and floor -to-ceiling front windows mark the lively dining room. The window tables provide front-row viewing of Santa Monica's famed Montana avenue shopping district.an amazing selection of house made desserts is a must at the end of every meal. On-site parking serves as a welcomed convenience.
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I went here with an out-of-state friend visiting, and we both had the cobb salad, with minor alterations. It was served with fresh bread & butter and the salad was crisp, plentiful and beautifully presented with the sliced egg, bacon, carrot, garbanzo, etc. So delicious! we enjoyed bubbly Italian water and both of us were delighted with the quick, friendly service and the tablecloth covered table with fragrant pale pink rose in bud vase. A nice restaurant for people watching, not too noisy or overly busy - just a delightful place to relax and luncheon! I'm going to try the ravioli the next time I go -their menu looks great!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

My favorite dish in the metro Los Angeles area is pumpkin ravioli with candied walnuts at this small local Santa Monica restaurant. You can get this dish at dinner (in 2 portion sizes) or on weekend brunch. It stands on a corner with full glass windows which are great for people watching (lots of families and dog walking). We have never had a problem finding a nearby parking spot. Also yummy deserts. I'm sure there must be other great items on the menu, but I confess that I order the same thing every time. Why mess with perfection?

Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

We went for breakfast and were very glad that everyone was able to get the food they wanted. The staff was very welcoming. I would recommend this to everyone who is seeking a great place for breakfast.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Years ago I had a bad experience at Cafe Montana. However, my grudge against the Cafe has finally changed. The last several times I have eaten here , the food whether it was breakfast or another meal has been first rate. Service has improved too. So, my omelet was tasty, fresh and exactly how I ordered it. Coffee was likewise good quality. My eating partners were equally satisfied with their fare. So, give Cafe Montana a try and you will be very satisfied.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Our dinner was good, not bad, and not great. My wife said that she would want to return because she loved her salad, but to me, there are so many other restaurants that I would want to visit before returning here.