“great place for a quick bite”
Review of Cha Cha Chicken

Cha Cha Chicken
Ranked #25 of 699 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We came across this restaurant on a three night stay in Santa Monica and ended up eating here twice. Fantastic food and fresh juices,pineapple was my favourite.
Great quick service & you can bring your own alcohol, definitely Dothan visit.. or two!

Reviewed September 28, 2013

My husband and I are frequent travelers to the Caribbean and have a love for that type of food. We've found very few places in the U.S. that are able to whip up an authentic tasting Caribbean meal. I had done research prior to our trip and found one of two Caribbean restaurants in the area. The moment someone told me that Cha Cha Chicken had a very "Caribbeanesque vibe" and was “extremely casual”, that nailed the decision for me. My first night in LA happened to be the last of the Twilight Concert Series at the Santa Monica Pier featuring Jimmy Cliff; Caribbean night of fun for us. The parking lot for this place is very small; holds about 4 cars. We parked close to the beach in a big lot and walked up to the restaurant. The place was about half full and the short line moved quickly. We were blown away by the excellent service from the guy at the ordering window. As busy as they were, he gave us detailed descriptions of menu items we asked about and offered suggestions. We placed our orders, were served our drinks and picked a table. There is no alcohol served here, but you can BYOB. I was thrilled to find Ting which is a requirement when needing to wash down jerk chicken. My husband was disappointed in not having a Carib or two. Our meals arrived pretty quickly. We both got the jerk chicken meal; I opted for mild and my husband the hot. As usual, the hot was not hot enough for him; he loves extremely spicy food. I chose the fried plantains and dirty rice and black beans. Those two compliment a jerk chicken meal. We both felt the chicken was moist, but not fall of the bone perfection like true jerk chicken that’s been cooking all day. The plantains, one of my very favorite foods, were cooked exactly as they should be; the rice and beans were average. My husband, no fan of plantains, chose the Cuban fries which were okay. He also ordered the spicy black pepper shrimp which came with a tasty red cabbage slaw. He thought the large shrimp were excellent and enjoyed this far better than the chicken. We couldn't resist ordering a corn muffin for each of us. These very dense, slightly sweet muffins ended our meals as if we had ordered dessert. We loved the Caribbean beach shack theme! If they threw down some sand on the ground and you ignored the busy street front, you could almost imagine you were on a tropical island somewhere. We thought we found a bargain here; $45 for our entire meal. The food was decent, service top notch and atmosphere spot on!

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Conveniently located on the corner of Pico and Ocean Blvd, this place is almost always crowded. The food is fine and certainly better than a quick stop at a fast-food conglomerate, but not by a whole lot. You stand in a line to place your order and then you wait, wait, wait in a fly-infested built up tent. There are some outdoor tables, but these are crammed in together and surrounded so tightly by bushes that it's claustrophobic. I pick up and take my food home, but I only go there because of its nearness to my home. Don't really care for their flavors.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

They're like five minutes from home, never tried them, tried the coconut chicken. Good. The sides...the rice, etc...very ordinary. Service impersonal. Not terrible, but not great. Might have caught them on a bad night...

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Went to Cha Cha Chicken for lunch last week. We decided to split the coconut chicken which has always been my favorite. It was good, but not as juicy as I remember. Still not bad though. I would recommend the tres leches cake. It was delicious. Also don't forget you need to bring your own beer if you want it with your meal. I forgot and had the mango smoothie. Also wonderful