“Great setting, good food”

Coast Beach Cafe & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Coast Beach Cafe & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #61 of 719 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Cross street: Appian Way
Transit: Pico Blvd - Ocean Avenue
Description: Yes, Coast is a casual beachfront cafe and bar. Chilled Chardonnay, spicy guacamole, and warm tortilla chips await; imaginative chefs and California-inspired dishes take the prize. But Coast is also a state of mind. It's the moment you breathe in the ocean air, the second you realize maybe you don't have to go to the office after all. Or even call in. Then you can finally exhale. Coast is where you want to spend the afternoon, any day of the year. Happy Hour, a communal table, a beachside cafe and bar, whether you are walking in off the sand with your family in tow, or meeting up for a cocktail and plate of fries, Coast is the perfect Santa Monica Restaurant to enjoy dining on the coast. When it comes to Santa Monica beach restaurants, there's no place like Coast. This is eating, drinking, beaching, relaxing at its most family-friendly, casual, and delicious. Did we mention the view of the Pacific Ocean?
Reviewed September 16, 2012

This nice but casual restaurant has a great beach feel and very good service. There is valet parking that still cost $7 even after getting validated with dinner, but it's really convenient. The menu is pretty basic -- nothing fancy or exceptional, but solid enough to make it an enjoyable meal. We had dinner, but I bet this is just a perfect breakfast or lunch spot.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

I had a really nice dinner here. Although it was Friday night the restaurant wasn't crowded and the service was good. I had pasta, which was so tasty I ate it all although it didn't leave me much room for desert. When we did get desert it was very nice. I'd definitely come here again, maybe try the brunch?

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Eating on the beach- what could be better. The waiter was honest with his recommendations of food. Prawns were wonderful. Steak seasoned well and prepared great. Drinks were perfect.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Me & my family went to Coast on a recent visit to LA on a recommendation from a friend. Coast is located in Shutters Hotel on the beach so this made it easy to get in & out, just valet! We strolled through the beautiful lobby of Shutters to get to Coast it was beautiful & made me wish we had stayed there. It was just as pretty at Coast, we were seated by the window which was perfect for watching the sunset. I ordered the lobster roll with homemade chips & it was wonderful. My son had a raw bar platter which he was not too fond of, I think the clams were the problem. Other members of our party had the fish tacos, burger, & seared Ahi & everyone loved their meals! The staff was very pleasant & attentive. We will definitely visit Coast again!

Reviewed August 15, 2012

I went there for brunch and what a good surprise. The pancake was yummy.
Good food, nice staff, great view, nice crowd.
This is the place to dine, drink and relax at the beach.

1  Thank wanessacarneiro