“Strange waiter... great Benedict...”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Jinky's Cafe

Jinky's Cafe
Ranked #15 of 676 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Description: Jinky's specializes in Breakfast with a full range of freshly made Pancakes, Crepes, Waffles and our specialty Flaky French Toasts. 20+ Flavors of Chili, Burgers,Sandwiches and large salads. A good Selection of Pizza and Pasta and Lunch offerings with South Western and International flavors. A very family friendly restaurant!
London, United Kingdom
“Strange waiter... great Benedict...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

Jinky's Cafe has one of the most extensive, exciting, interesting breakfast menus I've ever seen. I think this must have got me thinking I would order something different.

After twelve rounds of 'what would you recommend?' with the waiter I plumped for the eggs Benedict: A breakfast classic, I know, but something I'd never had.

It was absolutely delicious. I am a convert.

The missus had pancakes, she always does, and said they were fine but nothing remarkable.

We were jolly pleased to find free (metered) on-street parking right across the street. Small things!

• Visited June 2014

• Korean first
San Antonio, Texas
“breakfast heaven”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

Four of us went for a mid-morning breakfast during the week and we each got what we wanted...omelet, crepes, pancakes and classic American egg breakfast. The chicken and rosemary omelet ranked the highest in our group. We got there at the right time...before the line started after 10:30.

Visited July 2014
Toulouse, France
“Big breakfast, very busy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Went here for breakfast. At 09:30 we had to queue to get in. The breakfast menu is extensive and most people should be able to find something. The tea and orange juice came quickly, but we waited quite long before someone came to take the main order. The quality of the food was good. We found the price to be typical - total around $ 20 per person- for California.

Visited June 2014
San Diego, California
“good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

Our food was good, the waiters were accommodating ( but a little slow), and the price wasn't to bad. I like the fact they had gluten free items on the menu as well.

My wife ordered a macchiato and didn't really know that a macchiato is a different drink than you get at starbucks. She got a double espresso with foam and looked at me puzzled. I told her about the drink, and she ordered coffee. The staff said they would take the coffee off the bill, and I told them not to because we ordered it and I would drink it. The food came out quickly, and the portions were good.

The one thing that was confusing was that after we were done and our table was clear, we had to wait for the check and wait for the check to be picked up (credit card). I figured this was strange since there were people waiting to get in.

They did take the macchiato off, and even gave us free coffee even though it was our mistake. That was very nice of them, we tipped even more than we should of because they did that.

Visited June 2014
Bengaluru, India
“A meal to remember...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

The menu is extensive and they serve some very novel dishes that are spicy with an Indian flavour. We went for brunch and the portions were so huge we didn't have any dinner that day. Gets crowded, so be prepared to wait for a table. Service is quick and efficient. The beef soup is the one to order.

• Visited May 2014