“Great food but at a price”
Review of Capo

Capo
Reserve with OpenTable
Capo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #110 of 709 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Cross street: Pico
Transit: Big Blue Bus on Pacific and Ocean Park Blvd.
Description: Capo faire, a modern Italian style cuisine, offers a rustic yet elegant dining room with high-beamed ceilings, flickering candles and a brightly burning corner fireplace. Capo has an extensive wine list of over 130 bottles as well as a full bar.
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Situated just around the corner from Shutters on the Beach and Casa del Mar,this is an indoor (no windows) evening restaurant.There is a real buzz to the place,but make sure you avoid the tables near the door.Very nice menu,we had caesar salad with a twist and superb veal chop.BUT,the prices are eyewatering,two courses,three glasses of wine and one coffee came to £190,more than you would expect to pay in Mayfair.The place was full and everyone looked happy,so i would say if you can afford it,go for it !

Reviewed January 5, 2013

My husband and I were vacationing with the kids (who decided last minute to go their own way own night). We were fortunate to get a reservation on a Friday at Capo.

The restaurant is very cozy with friendly and helpful staff. Wood-fire grille beside the bar adds to the ambience and aroma.

We had 4-5 items from the soup of the day to a pasta, salad, and grilled calamari - nothing disappointed - every item was beyond perfection.

Our server guided us to the perfect wine and I could not have been happier at this tiny, cosy and relaxed 5-star dinning experience.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We had the good fortune of being in Santa Monica recently (coming from Melbourne) Australia, and lucked upon Capo. Wow, the best absolutely the best Italian we have ever eaten. It's hidden away and they don't need to advertise they are that good. I am already planning a return to California just so I can eat at that restaurant.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

This restaurant is a diamond in Santa Monica, the food is fantastic specially try all the food cooked at the fireplace (grilled meats, poultry and fish).

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I love this place. Everything is just perfect. And I've never had trouble getting a table if I'm willing to go early or late. My only regret is the cost. It's totally worth every penny I just wish it were cheaper so I could afford to go more often. Honestly I'd eat here multiple times per week if I could!