“Came highly recommended...”
Review of 1 Pico

1 Pico
Reserve with OpenTable
1 Pico is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #70 of 699 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Cross street: Appian Way
Transit: Ocean Ave./Pico Blvd.
Description: Perched above the beach, with a seasonal market menu and a wine list even Californians will admire, 1 Pico is one address you'll always remember.
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Fresh, very well prepared food, presented in a dining room that looked as if it was decorated with oversized accessories out of a Pottery Barn catalogue. Attentive service, well-paced. But the food was very nice indeed. Since it was evening the view was limited despite the large picture windows. I imagine daytime views are wonderful.

Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

Came in late for dinner and had the duck for dinner unfortunately it was over cooked hence it was chewee and leathery

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Excellent, relaxed California dining experience by the ocean. This classy restaurant is housed in the beautiful Shutters by the Sea Hotel. The lobby contains a live piano player, beautiful decor and warm fireplaces. The entire experience is elegance without the pretentiousness. Excellent romantic ambience as well. Finally, the food is fresh, first class, California cuisine. I have come to One Pico for years and never been disappointed.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

I'm SUPER surprised I'm writing a bad review of this place. But...alas...I yam. It's been a long time since I've been here and I don't remember it being anything less than great. And...given the prices....you just sort of expect great.

Well...unfortunately...not so much. Now...for food alone...I'd give it 4 stars...no complaints. Super good...not good enough for a full 5 star...but pretty close.

BUT...the SERVICE? Well...it was horrendous. #1 It was soooooo NOT crowded when we were there. #2 You should NEVER EVER have to flag your waitress for water, to order, or the bill.

Now, please understand...I was not only a waitress back in the day, but I also understand you can have an off day in the service industry, so it takes a lot for me to get miffed at a bad waitress. But I take issue with the fact that our waitress not only ignored us the entire 3 hours we were there (literally only came to us when we flagged her down...and we were clearly disturbing her from her oh so important conversation by the hostess stand where nobody was standing), but she couldn't even be bothered to remember our order (she had to come back and ask us to repeat it...I kid you not). I mean seriously? It wasn't even close to crowded so you absolutely can not say you were in the weeds...not even close. All I have to say....Lay off the bong before work, woman!

I really am bummed at how bad the service was. I really wish I was kidding when I tell you that 25 minutes would go by before ANYONE would even notice our water was empty (and only after flagging someone!).

We had to flag down our server for our order, for more coffee, for water, for dessert, and for our bill. I'd say we were there an hour longer than needed just because of all the waiting! Seriously! AND,,,,I always always always tip 25% unless it's bad service, in which case I tip 15% or 20% depending. This time? I left 10%. Seriously. It was that bad. I will definitely not be going back...I'll save my money and spend on on a big tip it at the hole-in-the-wall where they actually care about their customers.

Bottom line...food is OK but super NOT worth the price and the service. Really one of the worst wait staff I've encountered in a long long time.

1  Thank jilibn73
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Arrogant and inattentive service for overpriced food and drink. The attitude and quality doesn't match.

2  Thank B R