“Italy is here!”
Review of Via Veneto

Via Veneto
Reserve with OpenTable
Via Veneto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #119 of 713 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Cross street: Pier Ave. & Marine St.
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Being from Italy and coming to LA sometimes to work, I have to say I've found a piece of my Italia every time I come here. The restaurant is very elegant, the cuisine makes me feel home. The service is excellent and the atmosphere is very special. The prices match to the quality of the food and service.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Reminds one of a small and intimate European restaurant. You know the kind where the owners are in the kitchen.

Sophisticated well done dishes with extensive menu and many specials. Expensive but worth it. Pasta seems to be their forte. Veal tortellini in veal brodo sophisticated, delicate and outstanding. Lobster ravioli in fabulous red sauce.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

We visited this restaurant with 6 family members (total) and came in 2 cars. When the ladies arrived (1st) they were greeted warmly and told "looks like a celebration how about some prosecco while you wait for your husbands?" The ladies thought this was just a complementary suggestion, and when the rest of us arrived we received a splash of the sparkling wine as well. The menu items are very expensive, but we were here to celebrate, and proceeded through dinner. When I received the bill it was nearly $600, including $18/glass for the "complementary" prosecco! It also included an automatic 20% tip; further, we were not even offered tap water, so we paid $8/bottle for water. We brought our own wine ($30 corkage, which I expected) but had no other booze. Good food, but over the top charges. sorry.

2  Thank JimboMalibu_CA
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I agree with the other recent reviews. The food and service were excellent. The place is very small but has a nice atmosphere. The prices were much higher than I am used to, but so was everything else in Santa Monica - I paid $68 for breakfast for two at a hole in the wall just down from the Lowes. Anyway, the food was very high quality. I wish i had read the other reviews before I went. I had the seafood risotto which was good, but probably would have preferred the butternut ravioli.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

I dined at Via Veneto while vacationing in Santa Monica. Would you believe that two years later, we are STILL talking about how amazing the butternut squash raviolis were?

The restaurant is intimate and beautiful, the staff is very accommodating, and while there isn't a huge selection of vegetarian dishes, what they have is top-notch.

ENJOY!