“The best eggs Benedict I've ever had!”
Review of Pacific Dining Car

Pacific Dining Car
Ranked #330 of 719 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I stopped in here for breakfast and I had the best eggs Benedict ever. The side of sausage was the size of a small steak, while the potatoes were amazing. Expensive but worth every penny.

1  Thank Wingdam

Reviewed November 20, 2013

After Sunday Church, I asked a friend of mine to join me for brunch at the Pacific Dining Car in Santa Monica. I always enjoy the atmosphere of quiet dining with excellent service! The food is prepared fresh from the kitchen and is always a delight. Their muffins are hot and go great with the best coffie on town. I can"t wait to return for another brunch!!

2  Thank Neill F
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I've been here many times in the past and the food has always been decent but not extraordinary. It has always been pricey but you can get pretty much what you want, whatever time it is. This past trip seemed that the prices were a bit outrageous and the serving sizes even smaller. Since everything is ala carte you might want a vegetable with your steak, in the past a side of vegetables could serve 2-3 people, now for more money it serves 1.
It is one of the most quiet restaurants in town, probably because it is one of the most expensive, and few people patronize it. The fact that it is so quiet is probably its best quality. The service is a bit subpar when you have to ask for water glass refills or a glass of wine. The wait staff is rarely present except to take your order and serve you food.
I'm not saying I wouldn't go back, but it will be awhile before I spend $26 for a glass of wine or $6.00 on a plain club soda or $65 for a steak with no sides.
Don't expect to find any prices on the website either.

2  Thank sixxmom
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Now if you have a hankering for a steak or a lobster at 3 45 in the morning, Pacific Dining Car is your destination. I have been going there for years, very comfortable, large space, friendly staff food fine, price in upper registers of your wallet but that the price you will pay for requesting a T-Bone steak any old time day or night.
PS
Great bartenders in the lounge, Carl and Francis, these fellas will treat you well.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Drove up to a top rated steak house and pulled into an empty parking lot. Found a handicapped accessible spot and parked my car. Was immediately tackled by the valet who made it clear i would need to pay him $6.50 when I was ready to leave. He didn't even have my keys. Went into the restaurant and faced the most expensive menu I ave ever witnessed. We live in Las Vegas where Emeril and Wolfgang have no fear of charging, but here, in an empty restaurant we saw prices well below the most expensive we have experienced in Las Vegas. The food was great as was the service, but there's no way I could ever accept theses prices. Nice steak house, nice decor, good food, but highway robbery is an understatement. When we finished dinner I discussed the valet/parking with the manager and the feeble excuses were totally unacceptable, blaming it on the owner of the lot. Please, if you decide to go to get ripped off, at least park on the street!

3  Thank Shelray1