“Little Italy in Santa Monica” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Il Forno Caffe & Pizzeria

Il Forno Caffe & Pizzeria
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Forno Caffe & Pizzeria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #176 of 672 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Cross street: Between 29th and 30th
Transit: Santa Monica Blue Buss #8 at 28th street and walk back one block.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Little Italy in Santa Monica”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

Just back from 2 weeks in Italy we had the opportunity to try "il forno"...and I must say that it was up to the standard of the restaurant we went in Italy. I had a Risotto Nero which was exceptional. I strongly recommend the place. I would advise to bok in advance as the place was packed....obviously I am not the only one to like the place. And looking at the crowd I could guess that many were loyal customers.
One last thing, the service is great!

New York City, New York
“Good Pie”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

I stopped in when I walked by at lunch time felt quite hungry. Had a whole pizza that we split. Really hit the spot. I had two thirds with a coke. Left happy.

Visited December 2013
Santa Monica, California, United States
“Delicious authentic Italian dishes and great service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

Il Forno has been around on the same spot for several decades. While other restaurants opened and closed around it, Il Forno has been consistently serving great Italian food keeping its menu fresh and delicious. This is not a restaurant for "once a year", but one that you can enjoy everyday because its dishes are simple and the closest to Italian home cooking. Couple by great prices, wide menu selection, and great service, this is probably the best casual Italian restaurant in the area. Equally great for lunch or dinner.

Our family has been enjoying coming here since the 90s. When not feeling like cooking at home or going out, this is also a great restaurant for takeout.

• Visited March 2014
Palo Alto, California, United States
“consistently superb, friendly neighborhood family run restaurant with food that is predictably delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

My extended family, including now adult children, has gone to this restaurant for decades. We all have come to count on predictably delicious menu items as well as tasty specials, friendly staff and neighborhood feel, slightly upscale from "down home neighborhood" places but reasonably priced for quality and offerings. The home made pastas, honestly friendly staff and owner, and pleasant decor which is not overdone all make for a special evening without pretense or fawning greetings or overly familiar "Hi Guys" greetings to my wife and me. One does truly feel like welcome guests when entering, appreciated customers when there, and thanked visitors when leaving. Try any of your favorite or new pastas, and he hazelnut flan (?) dessert.

• Visited November 2013
California
“On going quality!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

I've had many excellent meals here over the past 20 years! The quality of the food has not changed and I'm always excited about eating here. I've never had a mediocre dish at Il Forno. The service is friendly and professional and I once found out which employees supported Juventus football club when I wore my jersey to the restaurant. I was swamped by a number of them including the chef! Il Forno is a little tricky to find as it's on Ocean Park Blvd and tucked away in a mini-mall type building but there is street and lot parking. Many locals have made it their hang out over the years but it is also a meeting place for business meals and you might see celebrities on occasion.

• Visited August 2013