“Excellent Food and Service”
Review of Sushi Roku

Sushi Roku
Reserve with OpenTable
Sushi Roku is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #59 of 693 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Cross street: Santa Monica Blvd. and Ocean Ave.
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Great food, great service, knowledgeable waiter, cosy surroundings- definitely worth another visit next time we are in town.

There are newer reviews for Sushi Roku

Reviewed September 27, 2013

This is permanently busy establishment. I think that is partly because it's ocean front and straddling one of the most touristy stretches in Santa Monica. So there's a lot of passing trade.

You'll rarely just walk in and be seated. Usually there's a wait. But the bar serves up decent cocktails.

The dishes are all excellent. Prepared with creative flair. Decent portions size. Elegantly presented,

Service is polite and professional. But it's impersonal. You don't get the feeling they want to know you. It's dental poster smile but slightly false would be my guess but it's part of formula. In that sense Sushi Roku excels based on it's chefs' skills and warm-wood and intimate-lighted spaces.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

If you like it on the spicy side, Roku offers plenty of options for your tastebuds to explore. They never disappoint. I have been going to this restaurant for 15 years and it is consistently good. One of my favs. They have clever rolls, mouthwatering sashimi and amazing desserts if you have any room to actually order it! The one thing I didn't find on the menu on this last trip was a good unfiltered/nigori sake. We had excellent service in the restaurant area, did an opentable reservation and was seated immediately. The week before I went alone and sat at the sushi bar and the waiter was not only impeccable with his promptness, he also spoke brilliant Japanese with the sushi chefs (pretty impressive for a Caucasian). For those who say there isn't any originality, they didn't order correctly. If you order the basics (and that is what you are seeking), you will find it. If you are looking for something with creativity and an explosion for your taste buds, you can find that, too. But you have to be adventurous and try something new! Enjoy!
And there is no doubt the location is fantastic and it's beautiful inside. It can be loud so not a place to go if you're looking for a quiet dining night. Valet parking avail or if you park in structure 2 or 3 on 2nd street, you can save some money with a short walk.

Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

First time here at this restaurant, and we had a bad experience. Service is terrible! We ordered three rolls and the waitor only brought two. Then when we told the waiters we had one more roll to come he started to laugh at us. As if we were lying, and finally after reasoning with them for 5 minutes that we didnt have a third roll, they brought it. Not even a sorry for all that complication. We were humiliated and laughed at.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

I've eaten here a few times and I keep saying I'm not coming back. This is a beautiful Resturant in a great location. This is why I keep coming back, but every time I do I leave feeling dissatisfied .
There is no originality and the sushi is average. Our waiter was not really that helpful. If I want good sushi I'm traveling to Calabasas to eat at Syibuya. If I want overpriced and a beautiful setting I'll go to Nobu in Malibu. At least the sushi is good.

1  Thank paris c