“fabulously fresh and delightfully tasty”
Review of Sushi Roku

Sushi Roku
Reserve with OpenTable
Sushi Roku is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #52 of 689 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Cross street: Santa Monica Blvd. and Ocean Ave.
Thousand Oaks, California
“fabulously fresh and delightfully tasty”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

If you like it on the spicy side, Roku offers plenty of options for your tastebuds to explore. They never disappoint. I have been going to this restaurant for 15 years and it is consistently good. One of my favs. They have clever rolls, mouthwatering sashimi and amazing desserts if you have any room to actually order it! The one thing I didn't find on the menu on this last trip was a good unfiltered/nigori sake. We had excellent service in the restaurant area, did an opentable reservation and was seated immediately. The week before I went alone and sat at the sushi bar and the waiter was not only impeccable with his promptness, he also spoke brilliant Japanese with the sushi chefs (pretty impressive for a Caucasian). For those who say there isn't any originality, they didn't order correctly. If you order the basics (and that is what you are seeking), you will find it. If you are looking for something with creativity and an explosion for your taste buds, you can find that, too. But you have to be adventurous and try something new! Enjoy!
And there is no doubt the location is fantastic and it's beautiful inside. It can be loud so not a place to go if you're looking for a quiet dining night. Valet parking avail or if you park in structure 2 or 3 on 2nd street, you can save some money with a short walk.

• Turkish first
“Terrible place! Wouldn't go back.”
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

First time here at this restaurant, and we had a bad experience. Service is terrible! We ordered three rolls and the waitor only brought two. Then when we told the waiters we had one more roll to come he started to laugh at us. As if we were lying, and finally after reasoning with them for 5 minutes that we didnt have a third roll, they brought it. Not even a sorry for all that complication. We were humiliated and laughed at.

westlake village
“Over priced and really not that good”
Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

I've eaten here a few times and I keep saying I'm not coming back. This is a beautiful Resturant in a great location. This is why I keep coming back, but every time I do I leave feeling dissatisfied .
There is no originality and the sushi is average. Our waiter was not really that helpful. If I want good sushi I'm traveling to Calabasas to eat at Syibuya. If I want overpriced and a beautiful setting I'll go to Nobu in Malibu. At least the sushi is good.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank paris c
Saskatoon, Canada
“Pleasant Evening”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Our visit to Sushi Roku got off to an odd start when the four of us were not allowed to outdoors (even though four tables in the area were still empty when we left). What's that? The food and service made up for the unusual welcome. We had a mix of suchi, rolls and specialty dishes. Everything was very good. The service was excellent -- prompt, helpful, relaxed and quick. Overall, a lovely meal in a restaurant that (once you look across the road) looks out over Santa Monica beach.

Summit, New Jersey
“Good Sushi great location!”
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Fun restaurant on an expense account. I don't think I'd be as happy if I was paying. Having said that the food and service rocked! We had so many different and yummy rolls. I couldn't keep track. The flavors were bursting in my mouth and i think my head was spinning. Their baked cod was so tender, I could have eaten it all by myself!
Cocktails were ok. Service was great.
I would go back.