“No Fancy Shmansy here but don't be fooled it is a locals spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Fritto Misto

Fritto Misto
Ranked #9 of 676 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Laguna Beach, California
“No Fancy Shmansy here but don't be fooled it is a locals spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

Lots of uppity spots in Santa Monica this is not one of them. It is very unassuming and casual spot. We went there for lunch on a quite Sunday. They have specials every day of the week. Surrounding very stark nothing fancy but the specials we ordered were great. I had an artichoke pasta that was was tge winner served with an ample Cesar Salad and the other guest had mushroom pasta with a Gorgonzloa Salad . Truth is there was enough to split, but it was so good not much was left. Service was casual but really friendly and attentive. shout out to Cingo.....and we got a slice of flowerless chocolate cake that was yummy and on the house because we were nice, of course, and it was our first, but not last visit. The tab for all of this $24. Now you can't beat that.

• Visited June 2014

Edmonton, Canada
“Great food and service at a very reasonable price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

Loved the pasta. Nice little wine list. Friendly service. This place sticks out in my mind as the best "bang for buck" restaurants that I have eaten in anywhere, and will be on my return list every time I go to LA. I would write the same review of their Hermosa Beach location as well.

Visited October 2013
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

My family and I had gone to this place once before, during our trip to Santa Monica last year, but I didn't use trip advisor back then.
It was so great last year we decided to go again this year.

From the moment you walk near it you notice it is extremely busy all he time. No fear however! All the times I've went there I've never waited more than 5 or 10 minutes. It's a smaller place but always seems to not have much of a wait yet remains busy.

The food is outstanding. I create my own pasta dish (a very cheap and delicious way to go) and add toppings like Italian sausage or chicken. They have great specials as well. If you're a chicken Parmesan fan, ask them for it, it's not on the menu. Its very worth it, a hidden treasure!

Pricing is fair, any Italian place tends to be high, but you can easily get a fantastic meal without breaking the bank. If you're going for pasta, expect to spend anywhere from 8-14ish depending on how you make it.

The restaurant is in a fantastic location, a few blocks back from the hustle and bustle of the coastal road. If you're staying in the Fairmont hotel on the coastal road and wilshire blvd, it's around a 20 minute walk, so not far.

The staff are absolutely fantastic. It was nice to see the same people working there time and time again. They work hard and you can tell they're always busy and running around, but they take the time to ask you how your meal is and make you feel welcomed.
A great atmosphere for eating!

• Visited June 2014
Dallas, Texas
“Away from the tourist area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

This is a great neighborhood Italian restaurant that's pretty well known by the reviews I've read. Yet, the food is very good, fairly priced and well portioned. I recall a wine special. That may have been a temporary deal, but ask about it anyway. It is a bit of a walk from the Third Street Promenade, but do-able if the weather is good. It was pretty crowded upon arrival without a reservation with folks waiting outside. We were able to get a table for 2 right away. You may have to sit next to a few more people, since many of the tables are lined up in rows. I love that kind of thing anyway if the food, the service and the fun is great. It is. We are going back in July.
Disclaimer: we were there June 2012, not July 2013.

• Visited July 2013
“AH MAY ZING!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

From the time of entering you feel welcomed! My friend and I had the pleasure of being served by Erica! She was absolutely amazing! She knew the menu like the back of her palm and stood patiently assisting us with all of our questions. You can tell she is very genuine and simply has great customer skills which I admire and recognize when I see it! You don't get it often, unfortunately! We need more people like her! But food was amazing! They start you off with a fresh basket of bread, then I had the Atomic Pasta and the Fried Ricotta Basil Pillows! I forgot what my friend had but all of it was scrumptious! The flavor was absolutely delicious and left us wanting more but we couldn't eat any thing else, except our free "first time visitors" desert! That was the cherry on top! Not to mention the GREAT prices! Very reasonable and affordable. They have my business any and every time I go to Santa Monica! Thank you Fritto Misto Family!

• Visited May 2014