“Worth the visit”

Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Melbourne
“Worth the visit”
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Staying at the Shore Hotel Santa Monica we wanted to try an Italian eatery within walking distance from the Hotel. We found Fritto Misto which was an easy 10 minute walk from the hotel and well worth the visit. This is a fairly large, busy place that although churns out alot of food does it well. The service to start was great, menus, drinks & bread all arrived within minutes. My wife and I started with a salad with Roma tomatoes, goats cheese & walnuts which was excellent. We all ordered pasta, and struggled to finish it but it was good. We were all very full but the waiter gave us a complimentary flour less chocolate cake which we happily finished. This is a very efficient, busy restaurant that does everything well and we would all happily come back when next in Santa Monica.

Visited April 2013

• Finnish first
Los Angeles
“Cozy restaurant with great food”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I frequent this restaurant with a friend and also by myself. So many things on the menu, I usually have something different each time. You can be as decadent or healthy with the pasta as you like. Their ravioli combos are excellent and usually very rich. You will probably have food left over - I watched a family order the calamari appetizer and it was huge! Good selection of wine by the glass. Come early for dinner or plan to wait a bit. Great value in generally over-priced SM.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank USC-Gal
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“So good i am still thinking about it a week later”
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

We arrived at the restaurant about 8pm on a Wednesday and it was crowded but we only had to wait about five minutes for a table. On walking in the door we could tell straight away that we liked the staff and the feel of the place. We were also asked if we would share a table with another couple but didn't mind as the restaurant was cosy anyway.
I am still thinking about my sweet potato ravioli. I don't normally eat vegetarian but glad i did as these were so good! Had a sort of aniseed taste. My boyfriend had a taglietelle which i can confirm was very tasty also! We shared a salad on the side which was big and fresh.
We were able to take half our food home as the portions were big and also got a free slice of cake.
I definitely recommend this place!

Austin, Texas, United States
“Don't read the menu... just say "Jumbo Ravioli"”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Walking into this restaurant, I felt like we had stumbled upon a local gem. The prices are very reasonable and the food is quite good. The lighting was dim for dinner which set a nice mood.

My boyfriend and I visited this restaurant on a Friday night around 7pm. The wait for a table was a short 5 minutes. They nicely asked if we minded sharing and table with another couple and we did not. They placed us at one end of a 6 top, and then they left two empty seats between us and the other couple. At the end of dinner, the manager even surprised us with a free dessert (for each couple) for sharing a table.

My boyfriend and I shared a salad to start: the Misto salad. This was good. It was nicely dressed and the vegetables were cut in a surprising way--they were all thickly shredded into long straws. You can tell they do this to cut down their prep time as the vegetables are in other dishes but it worked quite nicely.

For entrees, my boyfriend ordered some sort of dish with a pesto. It was good but not nearly as good as mine. Because the dish I ordered kinda rocked my world. I had the Jumbo Ravioli. This was a bit rich but ohhhh so good. So good I really didn't want to be nice and share with my boyfriend--but I finally gave in and did.

For dessert we had the flourless chocolate cake. It was good but probably around a 3.5 star dessert. Nothing that rocked my world--just chocolate and whip cream!

• Visited March 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Good food at good prices”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I read the reviews by other people and they were right. The food was excellent and the prices were reasonable. Large portions and everything was fresh and tasty. It is nothing fancy and I would suggested getting there around 6/6:30 if you don't want to have a wait. Casual attire great for anyone.

• Visited March 2013